Notes : Computer Awareness : Quick Revision Notes
Union Bank of India, Andhra Bank, Dena Bank, Andhra Bank, Bank of Baroda, State
Bank of India etc.)
on Computer Awareness have recently been introduced in most Bank Recruitment
exams. To help you prepare better for the Bank exams we present to you the
revision notes on Computer Awareness.
1. The earlier computers, which were massive in size, were based on vacuum
2. Early computing machines, like the ENIAC, were actually meant to assist the armed
3. The printers in pre-1950s were punch
4. An improvement on the ENIAC, which pioneered 'stored program', was made
possible with the help of the mathematician John
5. Before the 1950s, computers were mostly owned by universities
and research labs.
6. The B-programming language was developed by Ken
7. Famous people, associated with the ENIAC, EDVAC, UNIVAC computers are Eckert
8. The 1st commercially produced and sold computer (1951) was UNIVAC.
9. IBM was provided software for PCs by Microsoft.
10. Time-sharing, teletyping, were associated with mainframe
11. The transformation from heavy computers to PCs was made possible using microprocessors.
12. The first microprocessor was developed in 1971 by Intel.
13. The term 'micro' (extremely small) denotes 10-6m.
14. The Harvard student, who chose to write computer programs and dropped
studies was Bill Gates.
15. A pentium 4 (P-4) employs roughly 40
16. Mark-1, Apple-1, and collossus were initial
17. Binary digits are briefed as bit.
18. A collection of bits is called byte.
19. C++, is a computer
20. The process of eliminating programming faults is called debugging.
21. Starting up on operating system is called
22. A program used to browse the web is called browser.
23. An error in software designing which can even cause a computer to crash is
24. Click and double-click are achieved using the mouse.
25. Java, C, ForTran, Pascal and BASIC are computer
26. The device which sends computer data using a phone line is called MODEM.
27. 'Worm' and 'virus' are actually programs.
28. A 'file' is a unit of information.
29. A megabyte has 106(million)
30. A small, single-site network is called LAN.
31. A processor that collects several data and sends them over a single line is
32. 'Nano' stands for one billionth
33. The number of bit patterns using an n-bit code is 2n.
34. The part of a computer that works with the data/programs is called CPU.
35. To convert a binary number to a decimal, we have to express it in power of 2.
36. www stands for world wide web.
37. Mathematics employed in computers is called Boolean
38. A collection of 8 bits is called byte.
39. The first home computer (1977), which was sold in millions of units was Apple
40. 'PARAM' is a supercomputer.
41. A website containing periodic posts is called blog.
42. While cutting and pasting, the cutitem is temporarily stored in the clipboard.
43. http stands for hyper text
44. The unwanted or non-requested emails are called "spam".
45. A computer framed to give various network services is called server.