(Notification) UPSC: Civil Service Preliminary Examination - 2011, ( CSAT, 05/2011-CSP )
Union Public Service Commission
Examination Notice No. 05/2011-CSP
F. No. 1/8/2010-E.I(B) : Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services Examination for recruitment to the Services and Posts mentioned below will be held by the Union Public Service Commission on 12th June, 2011 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary dated 19th February, 2011.
- Indian Administrative Service.
- Indian Foreign Service.
- Indian Police Service.
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III).
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A".
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'.
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'.
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group 'B'.
- The number of vacancies to be filled on the result of the examination is expected to be approximately 880. The number of vacancies may get increased.
- Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
Note I : The list of services participating in the Civil Services
Examination, 2011 is tentative.
Note II : Services identified suitable for Physically Disabled Categories along with respective functional classification and physical requirements are given below :-
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
NOTE I : Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination. The applications for the Main Examination will be called sometime in the month of July/August, 2011.
NOTE II : In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he/ she has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his/her admission to the examination.
NOTE III : Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.
NOTE IV : Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original Degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University/Institution that they had completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2011
Plan of Examination:
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages (vide
Appendix I Section-I below).
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only. Candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Main Examination will have to apply again, in the Detailed Application Form which would be supplied to them. The Main Examination is likely to be held in October/November, 2011.
(a) Candidates applying Online (exempting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a reduced fee of Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
(b) Candidates applying Offline (through Common Application Form) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) through a single Central Recruitment Stamp. Central Recruitment Fee Stamp (NOT Postage Stamp) of the requisite denomination may be obtained from the Post Office and affixed on the application form in the space provided therein. The stamp must be got cancelled from the issuing Post Office with the date stamp of the Post Office in such a manner that the impression of the cancellation mark partially overflows on the application form itself but within the space provided on the Application form itself. The impression of the cancellation mark should be clear and distinct to facilitate the identification of date and the Post Office of issue.
Candidates residing abroad should deposit the prescribed fee in the office of India's High Commissioner, Ambassador or representative abroad as the case may be for credit to account head "051-Public Service Commission-Examination Fees" and attach the receipt with the application.
Center of Examination: