(Paper) General Intelligence (RRB)
1. P, Q, R, S, T and U are standing in a row from left to right in the ascending order of their heights. Q is taller than P but shorter than U. Except T, all others are shorter than U. S is shorter than P but taller than R. Which of the following pairs of persons are at both ends?
(a) U and R (b) S and T (c) U and S (d) R and T
Â 2. In the following questions, A & B, four items are given. Three of them are related to one another in some particular way and hence form a group. Which one does not belong to the group?
Â 3. A. (a) 27 (b) 1331 (c) 343 (d) 510
Â 4. B. (a) Gram (b) Wheat (c) Bread (d) Maize
Â 6. 'Table' is related to 'Wood', in the same way as 'Shirt' is related to:
(a) Cotton (b) Cloth (c) Thread (d) Garment
Â 7. In a certain code language POWER is written as 61452 and COULD is written as 81379. How will the word COUPLE be written in that code language?
(a) 913765 (b) 831657 (c) 813675 (d) 813567
8. How many such pairs of letters there in the word RECOVERED which have as many letters between them in the word as in the English alphabet?
(a) Five (b) Three (c) Four (d) Six
Â 9. If 'P' means '−', 'Q' means 'Ã—', 'R' means 'Â¸' and 'S' means '+', then what will be the value of the following expression?15 Q 3 P 25 R 5 S 8
(a) 40 (b) 48 (c) 52 (d) 46
10. Pointing to a photograph of a man, John said, "He is the father of the brother of my son's mother". How is John related to the man in the photograph?
(a) Brother (b) Son-in-law (c) Father-in-law (d) Cousin
Â 11. Which number should come in the place of question mark in the following number series.
9 20 33 48 ? 84 105
(a) 72 (b) 68 (c) 65 (d) 62
Â 12. Geetha walks 6 km towards north, turns her left and walks 8 km, again she turns to her left and walks 6km. How far is she from the starting point?
(a) 6 km (b) 8 km (c) 10 km (d) 14 km
Â 13. mn - m - nm - n
(a) m m m (b) n n n (c) m n m (d) n m n
Â 14. 4 ? 36 64
(a) 9 (b) 25 (c) 18 (d) None of these
Â 15.What will come in the place of question mark?
816 800 764 700 ?
(a) 636 (b) 638 (c) 610 (d) 600
Â 17. Find the odd pair
(a) 28, 4 (b) 35, 5 (c) 63, 7 (d) 56, 8
18. Find the odd pair
(a) 15, 12 (b) 45, 27 (c) 20, 10 (d) 39, 18
Â 19. Which one word can not be formed from the letters of the word PARAPHERNALIA
(a) RENAL (b) PRAISE (c) PENAL (d) PEAR
20. If Z = 52, and ACT = 48, then BAT will be equal to
(a) 39 (b) 41 (c) 44 (d) 46
21. What should come in the place of question mark (?) in the following arrangement?
Â 4 3 6
5 7 8
6 4 5
120 84 ?
Â (a) 120 (b) 240 (c) 220 (d) 210
22. Prem started walking straight towards south. He walked a distance of 25 m and turned to his right, walked a distance of 8 m. He then turned to his left and walked a distance of 10 m. In which direction is he now with respect to the starting point?
(a) West (b) East (c) South-West (d) South-East
Â 23. In a certain code language 'tor se pub' means 'Man and Woman', 'pub log rap' means 'Boy and Girl'. What is the code for 'Man' in that code language?
(a) pub (b) se (c) tor (d) none of these
Â 24. PMCK is related to TOGM, in the same way as 'DRMB' is related to
(a) GTQB (b) HTQD (c) HSPD (d) HTRE
Â 25. Seal is related to 'pup' in the same way as Zebra is related to
(a) Whelp (b) Calf (c) Foal (d) Cub
Â 26. What should come in the place of question mark in the following arrangement?
6 9 13
3 17 8
19 2 ?
Â (a) 5 (b) 11 (c) 7 (d) 4
27. If in a certain code language, SING is coded as SINGS, what will be the code for TRUST?
(a) SRUSTT (b) TRUSTS (c) STTRUS (d) RVSST
28. If GIVE =43 and OR = 33, then TAKE will be equal to
Â (a) 38 (b) 37 (c) 36 (d) 34
Â 31.In the following questions (A, B, C, D & E), there are three circles in each question having 5 numbers. One inside and 4 outside. The four outer number give the inner number according to some rule. Find the missing number.
Â Â 38.A. Male singers who are not Indians is represented by
(a) 3 (b) 4 (c) 5 (d) 7
39.B. Indians who are male but not singers are represented by
(a) 2 (b) 5 (c) 7 (d) 4
40.C. Male Indian singers are represented by
(a) 2 (b) 5 (c) 3 (d) 4
41.D. Males who are neither Indian nor singers is represented by
(a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 1 (d) 7
42.E. Non-male Indian singers are represented by
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 4
43.Read the following information carefully and answer the questions (A, B, C & D) given below.
P, Q, R, S, T and U are six members of a family, each of them engaged in a different profession. Doctor, Lawyer, Teacher, Engineer, Nurse, Manager. Each of
them remains at home on a different day of the week from Monday to Saturday.
The Lawyer remains at home on Thursday.
R remains at home on Tuesday.
P the doctor does not remain at home either on Saturday or on Wednesday
S in neither a doctor nor a teacher remains at home on Friday.
Q in the Engineer and T is the manager.
44.A. Which of the following combination is not correct
(a) R-Teacher (b) Q-Engineer (c) S-Nurse (d) All are correct
45.B. Which of the following combination is correct
(a) Nurseâ€”Friday (b) Teacherâ€”Wednesday (c) Managerâ€”Friday (d) Engineerâ€”Thursday Ans:- A
46. C. Who among them remains at home on the following day of the nurse's
(a) Q (b) Q to T (c) S (d) None of these
47. D. Who remains at home on Saturday
(a) S (b) T (c) Q or T (d) None of these
48. Fill in the missing number
18 2 16
15 7 8
18 6 ?
(a) 20 (b) 14 (c) 4 (d) 12
49. Which letter will be the sixth to the left of the nineteenth letter from the right end of the following alphabet?
(a) N (b) M (c) Y (d) None of these
50. Race : Fatigue :: Fast : ?
(a) Hunger (b) Food (c) Race (d) Laziness