(Syllabus) RAS Pre-Syllabus: General Knowledge & General Science (Code No. 00)
Rajasthan Public Service Commission
RAS Pre-Syllabus: General Knowledge & General Science (Code No. 00)
1. Current Affairs :-
- Major current issues and happenings at State, National and International levels and the concerned organisations, institutions and personalities.
2. General Science :-
- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observations and experience. Questions to test, the candidates acquaintance with matters such as, Electronics, Tele- Communication, Satellites and the like also be included.
3. Geography and Natural Resources :-
- Broad physical features of the world, important places, rivers, mountains, continents, oceans .
- Ecology and wild-life of India
- Rajasthan's physiography : climate, vegetation and soil regions. Broad physical divisions of Rajasthan. Human resources: Problems of population, unemployment, poverty. Drought, famines and desertification in Rajasthan, Natural resources of Rajasthan : Mines and Minerals, Forests, Land and Water, Animal resources. Wild-life and Conservation. Energy problems and conventional and non-conventional sources of Energy.
4. Agriculture and Economic Development with special reference to Rajasthan :-
- Food and Commercial Crops of Rajasthan, Agriculture based Industries, Major Irrigation and River Valley Projects, Projects for the development of the desert and waste-lands. Indira Gandhi Canal Project, Growth and location of Industries, Industrial raw materials. Mineral based industries, Small scale and cottage industries, export items, Rajasthani handicrafts, Tribes and their economy, various economic plans, programmes and institutions for development, Co-operative movement, Small enterprises and financial institutions.
5. History & Culture :-
Landmarks in the political and cultural history of India. Major monuments and literary works. Renaissance, struggle for freedom and national integretion. History & Culture of Rajasthan with special reference to :-
(i) The mediaeval background.
(ii) Socio-economic life and organisation.
(iii) Freedom movement and political awakening.
(iv) Political Integretion.
(v) Dialects and Literature.
(vi) Music, Dance and Theatre.
(vii) Religious beliefs, cults, saint, poets, Warrior-saints, 'Lok Devtas' & 'Lok Deviyan'.
(ix) Fairs and Festivals, Customs, Dresses & Ornaments, With special reference to Folk & Tribal aspects thereof.