The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission came into existence
on 1 st November, 1956 with the formation of the State of Andhra Pradesh .
Before this, there was Andhra Public Service Commission in the Andhra State and
Hyderabad Public Service Commission in the Hyderabad State . Andhra Service
Commission came into existence only in 1953 after the bifurcation of composite
Madras State into Andhra and Madras States .
On the eve of formation of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission, Andhra
Public Service Commission was functioning with a Chairman and two Members and
Hyderabad Public Service Commission was functioning with one Member. Hence, A.P.
Public Service Commission was constituted with a Chairman and 3 Members. With
increasing work load, Government enhanced the strength of the Commission to
Chairman and 5 Members in the year 1981 and later to Chairman and 7 Members in
the year 1983. Government again reviewed the strength in 1994 and enhanced it to
Chairman and 9 Members. This is the present strength also.
Duties and Functions:
The Public Service Commissions had been established under
Article 315 of the Constitution of India. The functions of the Commission are
enumerated in the Article 320 of the Constitution.
The statutory functions of the Commission are as follows:
1. Direct Recruitment (Article 320 (1))
2. Recruitment by transfer ( Article 320(3)(b) )
3. Statutory rules relating to services ( Article 320 (3)(a) & (b) )
4. Disciplinary cases ( Article 320 (3)(c) and regulations 17 (1)(a) to (e) )
5. Reimbursement of legal expenses ( Article 320 (3)(d) )
6. Wound and extraordinary pension cases ( Article 320 (3) (e) )
In addition the Commission is entrusted with the following items of work:
1. Conduct of Departmental Tests for several departments
2. Conduct of examination for admission to RIMC, Dehradun.
3. Conduct of Half yearly examination for IAS and IPS Officers and proficiency
tests for AIS Officers.
4. Watching of temporary appointments exceeding 3 months and according
concurrence for their continuance (regulation 16)
5. Consultation in cases of appointment of contract extending over 5 years
ANDHRA PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION,
Opp: Gagan Vihar,
NOTE: For any problems in
Online submission and download of hall-tickets, Ph: +91 40 23557455
(Call Time : 10.30 A.M to 1.00 P.M & 1.30 P.M to 5 P.M on working days)
or mail to email@example.com