(GK) Indian Culture (Arts, Religion, Entertainment)
1. In Indian musical terminology, what is the feminine of Raga?
Ans : Ragini
2. What term is used for initiation into Sikhism?
3. In Hindu mythology, what is the name of the auspicious jewel Lord Vishnu wears on a pendant around his neck?
4. What name was given to the city of Yathrib by Prophet Mohammed?
5. According to legend, which deity was Ved Vyasa's scribe as he dictated the story of the Mahabharata?
6. Consider the following statements about Sikh Gurus:
1. Banda Bahadur was appointed as the military leader of the Sikhs by Guru Tegh Bahadur.
2. Guru Arjan Dev become the Sikh Guru after Guru Ram Das.
3. Guru Arjan Dev gave to Sikhs their own script- Gurumukhi.
Which of the statements gives is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 and 3
(c) 1 and 3
(d) 1 and 2
7. Who among the following is well known as an exponent of flute?
(a) Debu Choudhuri
(b) Madhup Mudgal
(c) Ronu Mazumdar
(d) Shafaat Ahmad
8. Which one of the following four Vedas contains an account of magical charms and spells?
9. What is the interval between two 'Maha Kumbh' melas at the same place?
(a) 6 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 12 years
(d) 15 years
10. Who amongst the following is regarded as the historical founder of Jainism?
11. Which Ragamala depicts the martial arts by introducing horsemen in battle?
12. What is the name of the elephant which serves as the mount of Lord Indra?
13. Name the sea demoness known for trapping birds by illusion, who tried to obstruct Hanuman on his way to Lanka?
14. Which traditional Asian performing art derives its name from the Japanese words for 'singing', 'dancing' and 'acting'?
15. Who founded 'Yoga Shastra' the school of Hindu philosophy
16. Who established Ã¢â‚¬ËœKhalsaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ the Sikh order
Guru Gobind Singh
17. The Meenakshi temple at Madurai is the monument of
18. Tirupati temple of Lord Venkateswara is situated in which state
19. Which indian state banned the forceful religious conversions
20. Bhagavata Mela is a folk dance of
21. The famous Ã¢â‚¬ËœSun TempleÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ is located in which Indian state
22. Ã¢â‚¬ËœPungiÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ is a dance form related to the state
23. Ã¢â‚¬ËœGarbaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ a popular folk dance is associated with Indian state
24. Bhangra is the folk dance of which Indian state
25. Who is the director of the Sanskrit film Adi Sankara
26. Which is the first Sanskrit film produced in India
27. Which is the first talkie film
The Jazz Singer in 1927
28. Who is known as Barefoot Painter
29. The Ã¢â‚¬ËœMohiniyattamÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ dance form was developed in which state
30. Which of the following is the most prevalent folk dance of Uttar Pradesh
31. Which of the following is a classical dance form of Andhra Pradesh
32. The role of religion has been
(a) to bring people closer
(b) to provide faith to people in distress
(d) All the above
33. In which tribe the divorced women is most respected
(a) Korawa of Mizapur
(c) Lushai of Assam
(d) Khasi tribe
34. The shuddi movement to bring back to the Hindufold people converted to other religions from Hinduism was launched by
35. Which of the following is not a varna (group) of the Aryan society
36. Which of the societies practiced polyandry
(a) Nyinba of Nepal
(b) Medieval of Europeans
(c) Wodabe of Africa
(d) Todas of India
37. What is the most essential element of nationality
(a) A common race
(b) A common language
(c) A common religion
(d) Corporate sentiment
38. Marriage in which the bridegroom gets the bride in exchange of some money
39. A childless widow who could cohabit with her brother-in-law until the birth of a son. This practice was known as
40. God created society just as he did the animate and inanimate objects of the world. This view comes from the
(a) Divine Origin Theory
(b) Evolution Theory
(c) Religious Theory
41. Who is considered as the father of Jainism
42. The oldest Veda is
(a) Atharva Veda
(b) Rig Veda
(c) Yajur Veda
(d) Sama Veda
43. Ramakrishna Mission was established by
44. The Simhastha Kumbh Mela was held at
45. Who was the first recipient of a scholarship offered by the Indian Society of Oriental Arts in 1907
46. Who is the director of Ã¢â‚¬ËœPather PanjaliÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
47. Who was the director of the movie Ã¢â‚¬ËœSalaam BombayÃ¢â‚¬â„¢
48. With which musical instrument is Shiv Kumar Sharma associated
49. Keleucharan Mahapatra was an exponent in
50. Dandiya Ras is a dance form of which state