As per the provision of the Constitution of India formation of
the Gujarat Public Service Commission has been made on 01-05-1960.
Following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service
Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State.
To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil
Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil
services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one
service to another and the suitability of candidates for such
appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by
Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings
initiated against them for the act done or purported to be
done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants;
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His
Execellancy the Governor
These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the
Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations,
1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of
By Direct Selection
Through Competitive Examination
GUJARAT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
B-Block, First Floor,
Laldarwaja, Ahmedabad. 380 001.
Secretary: +91 79 25507386
Office: +91 79 25507737
Fax: +91 79 25507386
NOTE: All correspondence and communication
should be addressed to Secretary, Gujarat Public Service Commission only