GPSC Commission's Functions:
Following functions have been entrusted to the Gujarat Public Service Commission under Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
To conduct examinations for appointment to the services of the State.
To advise on –
- The matters relating to methods of recruitment to various Civil Services of the State;
- The principles to be followed in making appointments to civil services of the State and granting promotions, transfers from one service to another and the suitability of candidates for such appointments, promotions and transfers;
- All the disciplinary matters affecting the Government servants,
- The claims of reimbursements of legal expenses incurred by Government Servants in defending themselves in legal proceedings initiated against them for the act done or purported to be done by them while executing their duty;
- The claims for granting injury-pensions to Government Servants; and
- Any other matters that may be referred to the Commission by His Execellancy the Governor
These functions are subject to the limitations imposed by the Gujarat Public Service Commission (Exemption from Consultation) Regulations, 1960 made under proviso to clause (3) of Article 320 of the Constitution of India.
GUJARAT PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
B-Block, First Floor,
Laldarwaja, Ahmedabad. 380 001.
Office: +91 79 25507737