About : Indian Information Service (IIS)
- The Indian Information Services (IIS) was formed in the year 1987.
- IIS is one of the Group â€˜Aâ€™ Central Civil Service of India.
- The cadre controlling authority is the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Cadre size: 489 posts (direct recruitment â€“ 50%, promotion
Functions of the Officers
- Dissemination of information on government policies, programmes and activities through print, electronic, audio and visual media.
- Providing feedback on the reactions of people to the programmes and policies and of advising the government on its information policy.
|Pay scales||Designation in Field||Designation in Headquarters|
Junior time scale
|8000-275-13500||Assistant Director, Inspector of Exhibition, Assistant News Editor, New Reporter/ Correspondent, Assistant Director (Monitoring), Field Publicity Officer, Assistant Regional Officer, Assistant Research Officer||Assistant Director, PIB|
|Senior time scale||10650-325-15850||Assistant Press registrar, Campaign Officer, Public Relations Officer, deputy Director, Editor, Copy Tester, Research Officer, Senior Correspondent-cum-Editor, Regional Officer, Officer on Special duty, Talks officers, Senior correspondent, Public Relations Officer, Special Correspondent (abroad)||Deputy Director, PIB|
|Junior administrative grade||12000-375-16500||Joint Director (News), Chief (Media), Director (Media), Deputy Press Registrar, editor-in-Chief, Special correspondent (abroad), Joint Director||Counselor Director|
|Senior administrative grade||18400-500-22400||Director, Registrar of Newspapers for India, Additional Director General (News), Special correspondent (abroad)||Deputy Director General, PIB|
|Higher administrative grade||22400-525-24500||Director General (News)||Additional Director General, PIB|
|26000 (fixed)||Director General / Principal Information Officer||Director General, PIB|