Notification: Invites applications for FREE COACHING for
CIVIL SERVICES (Preliminary-cum-Main)-2018
1. Written test would comprise General Studies (objective type) on UPSC model
and Essay writing in English/Hindi/Urdu to test candidate’s ability to express
themselves in an organised and structured manner. The total duration of
examination would be of three hours.
2. There would be negative marking for objective type questions in the test.
One third of the marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
3. The entrance test paper would be divided into two papers – Paper 1 and
Paper 2. Paper 1 would consist of objective type questions. There would be 60
questions and the total marks for this section would be 60 (60×1=60). Paper 2
would consist of Essay writing for which the total allotted marks would be 60.
Candidates would be required to write two essays (30×2=60) choosing one from
each section-A & B. The total time allotted for both the Papers would be three
hours. However the OMR sheet would be collected after one hour i.e. at 11 a.m.
Time allotted for writing the essays will be 02 hours. The students may take the
question papers with them.
4. The total marks for Interview/Personality test would be 30.
5. In case of tie, the higher marks in essay and there is a tie again the
higher marks in interview would be taken as basis of selection. If there is
still a tie the candidate who is younger (age wise) would get the seat.
6. Only those candidates who have already completed their Graduation need to
7. Coaching will include (a) classes on General Studies, CSAT and selected
optional papers (b) Test series, answer’s evaluation and Essay writing practice
shall form part of the curriculum.
8. The Academy will also conduct Mock Interview for those who qualify the
9. Test Series (Prelims) will be held during March - May 2018.
10. Test Series (Main) will be held during July – October 2018.
11. Library facility is provided (24×7)
12. Scholarship to 20% admitted students @ Rs. 2000/- per month will be
provided on mean-cum-merit basis.
13. Total seats available: 125 (One hundred twenty five seats). Hostel
accommodation will be provided to all the admitted students. In case of
shortage, hostel seats may be allotted in phased manner strictly on the basis of
merit determined by the entrance test. However, RCA reserves the right to reduce
the intake if sufficiently meritorious candidates are not found to be available.
14. Application form may be downloaded from Jamia’s Website (www.jmi.ac.in)
only. The Link is Centre, Centre for Coaching and Career Planning, Jamia Millia
15. Application has to be submitted online only with a fee of Rs. 500.00. +
applicable basic charges.
16. Contact: Office: 26981717 Direct: 011-65414144
Schedule for Civil Services (Preliminary-cum-Main) – 2018 Coaching Programme
||Online application live on
||08 July 2017 (At www.jmicoe.in)
||Last date for submission of Application Form
||08 August 2017 (Tuesday)
||Written Test – GS (objective type) and Essay
||27th August, 2017 (Sunday)
10.00 am to 01.00 pm.
||Result of written test
||28th September, 2017 (Thursday), 05.00 pm.
||03-06, 09-13, & 16 October, 2017
||Final Result (Tentative)
||25th October 2017 (Wednesday), 05.00 pm.
||Last date for completion of admission
||1st November, 2017 (Wednesday)
||Registration for waiting list candidates
||2nd November, 2017 (Thursday)
||Admission for waiting list candidates
||3rd November, 2017 (Friday)
||15th November, 2017 (Wednesday) 11.00 am.
. Application has to be submitted online only with a fee of Rs. 500.00. +
applicable basic charges
Courtesy: Jamia Millia Islamia