(Jobs) Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) | Recruitment of Food Inspector
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) | Recruitment of Food Inspector
Advertisement No. A-2/E-1//2010
Public service Commission , Uttar Pradesh
10, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Allahabad-211018
Food Inspectors (Food and Medical Administration Department) General and Special Recruitment Examination – 2010
Designation : Food Inspector (Food & Medical Administration Deptt.)
No of Posts: 430
(General Recruitment – 424, Special Recruitment -6)
(UR-212, SC-89, ST- 8+6, OBC-115)
Pay Scale: Rs.9300 – 34800
Grade Pay 4200
Essential Qualification :
- A candidate must be a Medical Officer Incharge of Health Administration of local area. or
- Must be a graduate in Medicine and must have received at-least one month training in Food inspection and sampling work approved for the purpose by the Central Government or State Government. or
- Must be a graduate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subject or A graduate in Agriculture or Public Health or Pharmacy or Veterinary Science. or A graduate in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or A Diploma Holder in Food Technology, or Dairy Technology from a University or Institution established in India by Law recognised for these purpose by Central Government. or Equivalent qualification’s recognised and notified by the Central Government for the purpose.
Preferential Qualification :
A candidate who has :- (1) Served in territorial army for a minimum period of two years. (2) Obtained ‘B’ certificate of National Cadet Corps shall other things being equal, be given preference.
- Horizontal Reservation – Sub Category under mentioned as D.F.F. of U.P., Ex Army personnel of U.P.,P.H. of U.P. and Women Candidates of U.P. shall be given reservation benefit according to latest Government orders.
- The number of vacancies may increase or decrease in exceptional circumstances.
- The candidates must possess the essential educational qualification and preferential qualification by the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- The candidates claiming the benefit of reservation must obtain in support of their category/sub-category a certificate issued by competent authority on the proforma available in this advertisement and shall submit the same to theCommission when asked for.
- All reserved candidate of U.P. must mention their category in the O.M.R. application form.
- The candidates claiming the reservation in more than one category will be entitled to only one concession whichever is more beneficial to them.
- The Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Class, Dependants of Freedom Fighter, P.H., Women and Ex-Army personnel candidates, who are not the permanent resident of U.P. shall not be given the benefit of reservation. Such candidates shall be treated as the candidates of the General Category.
Age Limit :
(i) Candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 35 years on July 1st 2010 i.e. must have been born earlier than 2nd July, 1975 and not later than July 1st, 1989.
(ii) Relaxation in Upper Age Limit :
(a) Upper age limit shall be greater by 5 years for candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste of U.P. Scheduled Tribe of U.P. Other Backward Class of U.P., Dependants of Freedom Fighters of U.P. and 15 years for P.H. of U.P. in case of identification (only domiciled persons in U.P. are entitled for such age relaxation).
(b) The age relaxation shall be given by three years more than service rendered in Army for disabled Army personnel/Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers/Ex-Army personnel. Such relaxation will not be admissible to those Army men/Officers who have not bern released from the Army upto thelast date for receipt of applications.
(c) Upper age limit shall be greater by five years also for the skilled players of classified games of National and International level in accordance with G.O. No. 22/21/1983-Karmik-2, dated 28.11.1985 those who are the domiciled of U.P. The skilled players must obtain certificates from the prescribed authority and must enclose the self attested copy of the certificate with their application forms.
Important Notice :
1. This advertisement is also available on the Website of U.P. Public Service Commission “http:/ www.uppsc.org.in”.
2. In this Examination O.M.R. Application System is applicable and the candidates may obtain O.M.R. Appplication forms from the Head Post Offices of the District or from the Post Offices mentioned under Sl.No. 7(2) of this Advt. The cost of the O.M.R. Application form has been fixed as Rs. 155/- for PREGEN Series (General OBC of U.P. and all candidates of other states) and Rs. 95/- for PRERES Series (S.C. of U.P. and S.T. of U.P.). The candidates under horizontal reservations (P.H. of U.P. , Women of U.P., D.F.F. of U.P. and Ex-Army personnel candidates of U.P.) shall purchase application form according to their main category.
3. The candidates who want to appear in both General and Special Recruitment Examination must apply separately for them.
4. The candidates must keep a photocopy of their O.M.R. application form with them. They must mention their O.M.R. Form No. in the correspondence withCommission in future
How to Apply : Application should be submitted on the prescribed OMR Forms, available at designated posts offices in UP. Application completed in all respects must reach the “Secretary, (Deptt No.A-2/E-1/2010)Public Service Commission, UP, 10, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Allahabad-211018” at the Commission’s office either by registered post or by hand up to 5.00 p.m. on or before 19/02/2010.
Application Fee :
The fee shall be taken from every candidate with the cost of O.M.R. application form. The details are provide on the O.M.R. envelops. No fee has to be paid by the candidates through the Bank Draft/ Treasury Challan.
Apply : O.M.R. application forms with instructions can be purchased for Rs. 155/- PREGEN Series (General, O.B.C. of U.P. and all candidates of other States) and Rs. 95/- PRERES Series (SC of U.P. and ST of U.P.) in cash through the Post Offices, indicated at the following places from 23 January, 2010 till last date for receipt of application. Candidates under horizontal reservation for P.H. of U.P., D.F.F. of U.P., Women of U.P. and Ex-army personnel of U.P. shall purchase application form according to their main category, candidates must obtain instruction with O.M.R. Application form in order to fill it up.
List of Post Offices : Allahabad GPO, Allahabad (Kutchery), Allahabad (Daraganj), Allahabad (Cavalry Lines), Allahabad (City), Agra, Aligarh, Ambedkar Nagar (Akbarpur), Auraiya, Azamgarh, Badaun, Baghpat, Bahraich, Balrampur, Ballia, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Basti, Bijnore, Bulandshahar, Chandauli, Chitrakoot (Karvi), Deoria, Etah, Etawah, Faizabad, Farrukhabad, Fatehpur, Firozabad, Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida), Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gonda, Gorakpur, Hamirpur, Hardoi, Hathras, Jalaun at Orai, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Jyotiba Phule Nagar (Amroha), Kannauj, Kanpur (G.P.O.), Kanpur Cantt, Kanpur (Nawabganj), Kaushambi, Padrauna, Lakhimpur Kheri, Lalitpur, Lucknow G.P.O., Lucknow Chowk, Maharajganj, Mahoba, Mainpuri, Mathura, Mau, Meerut, Mirzapur, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Pilibhit, Pratapgarh, Rae Bareli, Rampur, Saharanpur, Sant Kabir Nagar (Khalilabad), Sant Ravidas Nagar (Bhadhohi), Shahjanhanpur, Shrawasti,Siddharth Nagar, Sitapur, Sonebhadra (Robertsganj)(, Sultanpur, Unnao, Varanasi Cantt., Varanasi.
Last Date for Receipt of Application : Application form complete in all respect must reach the Secretary, (Department No. A-2 / E-1/2010) Public Service Commission, U.P. 10 Kasturba Gandhi Marg, Allahabad-211018 either by registered post or personally (by hand) upto 5:00 p.m. on or before 19 February 2010. Post Office is not our agent. Application through fax shall not be accepted.