(Paper) General Knowledge Questions Answers For Bank PO Exams (2)
General Knowledge Question Answers For Bank PO Exams
1. The Baikonur Cosmodrome is the world’s first and largest operational space
launch facility. In which country is it located?
2. The International Hockey Federation has decided to allot the next Hockey World Cup in 2010 to India. In which year Hockey World Cup tournament started?
3. Which among the following clubs has won the Spanish league title for the first time in three years on May 17, 2009?
(B) Inter Millan
(C) Real Madrid
(D) Manchester United
4. Recently Suranjoy Singh of India sizzled with a Gold on the concluding day of the European Grand Prix boxing as India finished their campaign with four medals. This contest held in ?
(A) Czech Republic.
5. Recently 12-member Sikkim Cabinet was sworn in and Pavan Kumar Chamling becomes CM for the ________?
(A) 2nd time
(B) 3rd time
(C) 4th time
(D) 5th time
6. Who among the following has been nominated to become the U.S. Attorney for Southern District of New York, by US President Barack Obama?
(A) Preet Bharara
(B) Suresh Modi
(C) Rajiv Khurana
(D) Suresh Kalmadi
7. The government formed the panel after many ex-servicemen returned their medals to protest the rejection of their ‘one rank one pension’ demand. Who is heading this panel ?
(A) K.M. Chandrasekhar
(B) R Balakrishanan
(C) B S Padmanabham
(D) T. Raja Shekhar
8. Recently India’s Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee and Mangal Singh Champia, earned India a gold medal in the recurve team event of the archery World Cup Stage I. In which country this event held?
(D) Czech Republic.
9. Recently Madhu Kannan has joined as managing director & chief executive officer (CEO) of which exchange?
(A) Bombay Stock Exchange
(B) National Stock Exchange
(C) Delhi Stock exchange
(D) None of these
10. Who has won his maiden International Tennis Federation (ITF) title at Delhi Lawn Tennis Association on April 25, 2009?
(A) Yuki Bhambari
(B) Vishnu Vardhan
(C) Leander Paes
(D) Mahesh Bhupti
11. What is the name of the first setellite launched by Iran on Feb 3, 2009 ?
12. Recently Indian Navy commissioned INS Airavat. Which among the following terms precisely describes INS Airavat?
(A) Landing Ship Tank
(B) Waterjet Propelled Fast Attack Craft
(C) Guided Missile Frigate
(D) GPS Craft
13. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) recently has entered the Limca Book of Records as the largest animal rights organisation. (May 11, 2009). In which year PETA began ?
14. ‘Open Market Operation ‘ is a part of
(A) Income Policy
(B) Fiscal Policy
(C) Credit Policy
(D) Labour Policy
15. SDR, the curency of the IMF , is in the form of
(A) Paper Currency
(C) Silver and Gold both
(D) Book keeping entry only