: ASM Railway receuitment Board
â€˜Destination Indiaâ€™, conference on commerce and trade was organised at:
(a) Zurich (b) Bangalore (c) Singapore (d) Tokyo
2. According to a survey by Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry which
of the following countries tops the list on labour productivity:
(a) India (b) Luxembourg (c) Belgium (d) France
3. Indiaâ€™s first Asset Reconstruction Companyâ€™s road map was prepared by
:(a) SBI (b) IDBI (c) ICICI (d) HDFC
4. Which of the following country is the new member of International Coffee
(a) India (b) Sri Lanka (c) Kenya (d) Vietnam
5. Who among the following headed the Indo-UK Round Table conference held at
London to strengthen bilateral ties between the two countries?
(a) Swaraj Paul (b) Jaswant Singh(c) K.C. Pant (d) Yashwant Sinha
6. â€˜Divaâ€™ a specially ! ! designed womenâ€™s international credit card has
been launched by:
(a) Federal Bank (b) Standard Chartered Bank(c) Dresdner Bank (d) ABN-Amro Bank
7. Richard Grasso is the head of:
(a) NASDAQ(b) London Stock Exchange(c) New York Stock Exchange(d) Dubai Stock
8. â€˜Indivaâ€™ is the multipurpose vehicle, launched by____at the international
motorshow in Geneva.
(a) TELCO (b) BAJAJ and SIL (c) LML (d) HONDA
9. Match the following Company/organisation Chief Executive Officer
I. General Electricals A. Harvey PittII. Star Alliance B. S. DevarajahIII.
Securities and C. Jeff Immelt Exchange Commission D. Cheong Choong KongIV.
Manufacturerâ€™s Association of Information Technology Code:I II III IV
(a) A B C D(b) B A C D(c) C D B A(d) D C A B
10. Nokia Corporation, the leading mobile phone makers is a___based company.
(a) USA (b) Japan (c) Philippines (d) Finland! !
11. ICENET is the network connecting the offices of the:
(a) Central Board of Excise and Customs(b) State Bank of India(c) Human Resource
Ministry(d) External Affairs Ministry
12. Geographical Information System Software known as â€˜Gram Chitraâ€™ was
(a) C-DAC (b) Media Labs Asia(c) Satyam Infoway (d) Honda
13. The Kofi Annan Institute for IT Excellence, has been set by India at____:
(a) Kenya (b) Guatemala (c) Ghana (d) Durban
14. Indiaâ€™s first Defence Intelligence Agency became operational in___2002.
(a) June (b) March (c) April (d) May
15. The first hydel project in Andaman and Nicobar islands has been commissioned
(a) NHPC (b) Dabhol Power Corporation(c) BHEL (d) NTPC
16. First Indian Laboratory (and India to be the 26th country) to be accredited
by the College of American Pathology is:
(a) Cipla lab (b) Speciality Ranbaxy Ltd(c) Zydu! ! s Cadila Ltd (d) Sun Pharma
17. Smart Kid Insurance policy has been launched for students by:
(a) Tata-AIG (b) SBI-Cardif(c) ICICI Prudential (d) LICI
18. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of Central
(a) J.L. Bajaj (b) H.L. Bajaj(c) Y.N. Prasad (d) J.L. Raina
19. Chilka Development Authority, the first organisation in the Asian
subcontinent to receive Ramsar Wetland Conservation Award for the year 2002 is
(a) Kerala (b) Orissa (c) Assam (d) Uttaranchal
20. The chief architect of Ganga Action Plan, an environmentalist and recipient
of various awards died recently. Name him.
(a) Md. Bazzi (b) Arshad-uz-Zaman(c) Dr T.N. Khoshro (d) George Soros
21. CBE-2002 a NATO exercise by Canada, Greece, Hungary, Turkey, UK and US was
launched in____, for NATO peace programme.
(a) Georgia (b) Angola (c) Durban (d) Ireland
22. 2002 MN is the name of:
(a) Supercomputer (b) Asteroid(c) Spacecraft (d) Star
23. â€˜Orange Prizeâ€™ is given in the field of:
(a) literature (b) sports (c) medicine (d) acting
24. In the global tea production, India accounts for____per cent of tea
(a) 27 (b) 26.7 (c) 24.3 (d) 27.7
25. USA has signed a legislation to protect the country from biological
terrorist attack worth:
(a) $ 4.6 billion (b) $ 6 billion(c) $ 7 billion (d) $ 8 billion
26. World day to combat desertification and drought is observed on:
(a) June 17 (b) June 20 (c) April 17 (d) July 20
27. Name the robot spacecraft, launched by NASA to observe frozen core of
(a)! ! Contour (b) Odyssey (c) Dumar (d) Columbia
28. Blue Ocean, the Worldâ€™s most powerful Supercomputer, is specifically
(a) NASA(b) US Naval Oceanographic office(c) US Federal Reserve Bank(d) US
29. To review the disclosure and investor protection guidelines, a committee was
constituted by SEBI under:
(a) T.N. Chaturvedi (b) A.K. Basu(c) N.J. Reddy (d) Y.H. Malegam
30. First State to introduce a life insurance scheme covering 1.2 crore students
and three lakh teachers is:
(a) Karnataka (b) Madhya Pradesh(c) Maharashtra (d) Rajasthan
31. Hrithik Roshan has turned down an offer to act in the Warner Brotherâ€™s
film,____due to unavailability of dates.
(a) Escape from Taliban(b) Hamlet(c) Three Wall(d) Hey Ram! Genocide in the land
32. â€œThe Shade of Swordsâ€ is a book written by:
(a) M.J. Akbar (b) Manil Suri(c) Urmila Lanba! ! (d) Vasant Potdar
33. Indiaâ€™s first Jan Shatabdi Express between Mumbai-Goa was commenced on:
(a) April 16, 2002 (b) April 20, 2002(c) June 20, 2002 (d) June 16, 2002
34. Who among the following has been appointed as the chairman of IIM Ahmedabad:
(a) Y.C. Deveshwar (b) N.R. Narayana Murthy(c) Sanjiv Gupta (d) M. Damodaran
35. Automobile Industryâ€™s man of the year 2002 is:
(a) Carlos Ghoshn (Japan) (b) Dr Mark Faber(c) Dr Doom (d) Lious Haochuang
36. Who among the following has been named as the White Lightning in the
(a) Adam Parore (New Zealand)(b) Allan Donald (South Africa)(c) Ben Hollioake
(Australia)(d) Dion Nash (New Zealand)
37. Which Indian cricketer has bagged a deal with ESPN?
(a) Md Kaif (b) Yuvraj(c) Sachin Tendulkar (d) Anil Kumble
38. Who among the following is the official sponsors of the Indian team at the
Asian Games to be held ! ! in Busan, South Korea?
(a) Phillips (b) Sahara (c) LG (d) Samsung
39. â€˜24 Brand Mantrasâ€™, is a book written by:
(a) Bimal Chowdhary (b) Shiv Khera(c) Arindam R. Chowdhary (d) Jagdeep Kapoor
40. Ist developing country in the world to make use of fire optics technology
(a) China (b) Japan (c) India (d) Vietnam
41. Defence Research and Development Organisation was formed in the year:
(a) 1980 (b) 1958 (c) 1956 (d) 1975
42. Who among the following has been appointed as the President of the flagship
channel Zee TV:
(a) Apurva Purohit (b) Pritish Nandi(c) Jitendra K. Singh (d) Raghu Rai
43. Indiaâ€™s first commercially manufactured sports car is:
(a) Reeva (b) Indigo (c) Sedan (d) Fibro
44. How many new railway zones have been notified by the Railway Ministry in
(a) 10 (b) 8 (c) 14 (d) 5
45. Name the quarterly magazine, launched by The Time Grou! ! p.
(a) Bindia (b) b-drive(c) businessdrive.com (d) none of these
46. According to Economic Intelligence Unit, maximum amount of FDI is received
(a) India (b) China (c) South Korea (d) Brazil
47. European Union Summit was held in Slovenia at:
(a) Bled (b) Geory (c) Repti (d) Ottowom
48. Transport Research and Injury Prevention Programme was awarded the Stockholm
award and is unveiled by:
(a) IIT, Kanpur (b) IIT, Delhi(c) IIT, Kharagpur (d) IIT, Chennai
49. Alvaro Silva Calderon was appointed as the Secretary General of:
(a) OPEC (b) FIEO (c) NACO (d) AIMPLB
50. ASEAN was set up in the year:
(a) 1985 (b) 1975 (c) 1967 (d) 1958
1. (a)2. (b)3. (c)4. (d)5. (c)6. (b)7. (c)8. (a)9.
(c)10. (d)11. (a)12. (b)13. (c)14. (c)15. (a)16. (b)17. (a)18. (b)19. (b)20.
(c)21. (a)22. (b)23. (a)24. (d)25. (a)26. (a)27. (a)28. (b)29. (d)30. (a)31.
(b)32. (a)33. (a)34. (b)35. (a)36. (b)37. (c)38. (d)39. (d)40. (c)41. (c)42.
(a)43. (a)44. (d)45. (b)46. (c)47. (a)48. (b)49. (a)50. (c)