Syllabus for 2011 UPSC Aptitude Test for Prelims
From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination
would be as under:
(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian national movement
- Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of
India and the world
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system,
panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
- Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty,
inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
- General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate
change-that donot require subject specialization
- General science.
(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.
(Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data
sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
- English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Courtesy: Union Public Service Commission - UPSC