(Help) A Simple Strategy for IAS 2010 by Vinay G.B.

A Simple Strategy for IAS 2010

Preliminary examination is intended to eliminate non serious candidates and provide an opportunity for the serious students to compete in the main examinations. Most of the aspirants think that preliminary examination is a tough nut to crack [I do think so] and they feel that it is the GS paper which makes their attempts miserable. It is a wrong perception. The truth is that GS is easy to score when it is prepared smartly. [So work smart instead of hard]

Every year coaching institutes fail to provide students with right guidance regarding GS (preliminary). Very few questions are asked from their material. Their model question papers are crap. Even magazines do the same when they provide huge lists of expected questions; unfortunately they are always excluded by the UPSC.

UPSC wants candidates laden with facts regarding current and past events related to India and the world. It is amply evident from the past ten years question papers. Questions regarding history, polity, geography are no more important from the viewpoint of their historical perspective but with the present.

If you are serious enough to devote 3 hours every day for seven months before prelims you must be able to clear prelims assuming you are good in your optionals.

I am giving you a strategy for cracking GS based on last 8 years question paper pattern. If you are able to fallow this I assure you can score more than 80 with ease.

Analyzing the shifting pattern-

• Number of Questions asked from different sections
  • Current Events – 40-45 questions (43 in 2009)
  • Science & Technology – 30-35 questions (30 in 2009)
  • Geography – 20-25 questions (23 in 2009)
  • History – 15-18 questions (16 in 2009)
  • Numerical Ability – 10-15 questions (12 in 2009)
  • Government schemes, projects, committees – 5—8 questions (6 in 2009)
  • Polity – 5-10 questions (8 in 2009)

- This clearly shows that focus is shifting more towards current events, science & technology and geography. Those who are strong in any two of these sections can easily score more than 60 in GS paper.

READ MORE: http://iasaspirant.wordpress.com/civil-services-exam/strategy-for-cracking-upsc-ias-2010-prelims/

Courtesy:
http://iasaspirant.wordpress.com