Strategy & Suggested Reading
UPSC finally released corrigendum for the IAS Notification 2013, which
has clearly mentioned new pattern for IAS Exams 2013.
IAS Main Examination- NEW SYLLABUS
The written examination will consist of the following papers:
- Section 1: Essay "200 Marks"
- Section 2: English Comprehension & English Precis (of Matriculation/ Xth
Standard level) 100 Marks (Qualifying
- General Studies–I "250Marks"
(Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and
- General Studies –II "250 Marks"
(Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International
- General Studies –III "250 Marks"
(Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and
- General Studies –IV "250Marks"
(Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Optional Subject – Paper 1 "250Marks"
- Optional Subject – Paper 2 "250 Marks"
Sub Total (Written test) 1800 Marks
Personality Test 275 Marks
Grand Total 2025 Marks
Candidates may choose any one of the optional subjects from amongst the list
of subjects given in Notification:
Suggested Reading Books for IAS Mains:
PAPER - II
PAPER - III
PAPER - IV
PAPER - V