(JOBS) Recruitment of Yantrik at Indian Coast Guard, 2011
Indian Coast Guard
Selection Test For Post Yantrik on - 26 & 27 Mar 2011
The Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union, offers you a challenging and inspiring career as Yantrik in the pay scale of Rs 5200 –20200 along with Rs 2400 Grade Pay.
Pay Scale: Rs 5200 –20200 along with Rs 2400 Grade Pay
Registration of candidates will be on 26th Mar 11 at under mentioned centers. The written Test/Interview will be conducted on 26th and 27 Mar 11.
|Mumbai||Coast Guard Regional Headquarters (West), Worli Sea Face PO, Worli Colony ,Mumbai - 30|
|Chennai||Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No-5 GM Pettai Road, Royapuram, Chennai- 13|
|Kolkata||Indian Coast Guard Air Squadron – 700
Naval Transmitting Station, Military Camp Bagjola Private Road (Nr. Nager Bazar) , Dumdum , Kolkata - 74
|Kochi||Indian Coast Guard Dist HQs No-4 Kalvatty Road, Fort Kochi, Kochi, Kerala- 682 004|
|Visakhapatnam||Indian Coast Guard Enclave, Behind Port High School, Malkapuram, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh-530 011|
|Gandhi Nagar||Indian Coast Guard Region (NW), Udyog Bhawan, 7th Floor, Block No -12, Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat - 382 010|
|Noida||Indian Coast Guard Selection Board Noida
A-1, Sector-24, opposite HCL Technologies
Dist Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida, UP-201 301
|Paradip||Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No-7, Badapadia, Paradip
Orissa – 754 142
|New Manglore||Indian Coast Guard Dist. HQs No-3, Panamboor Beach, NMPT, New Manglore, Karnataka – 575 - 010|
- Educational Qualification: Matriculate and three years Diploma in Mechanical Engg. Recognised by AICTE with 50% marks in aggregate.
- Age: Born between 01 Aug 89 to 31 Jul 93. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates)
Candidates appearing in the final year/semester examination of three year diploma can also appear for written test. Such candidates if qualified in above test will be required to submit their diploma certificate/final mark sheet by 30 Jun 2011.
Pay, Perks and Other Benefits
Total emolument during training Rs.7600/. In addition Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible. Free ration/clothing/medical treatment for self and family. Govt. accommodation. 45 days E/L & 08 days C/L every year with LTC. as per Govt. rules. Insurance cover of Rs.20 Lakhs, Contributory Pension Scheme & Gratuity on retirement.
- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Pradhan Sahayak Engineer with pay scale Rs. 9300-34800 plus Grade pay @ Rs. 4800/-.
- Promotion to the officer cadre subject to suitability and performance.
- Minimum height 157 cms. (May be reduced by 5 cms in the case of Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese including those from Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Garhwal, Sikkim, local tribals of Andaman and NicobarIslands, and by 2 cms in case of candidates from Lakshadweep, mainland settlers in Andaman & Nicobar and candidates joining the Indian Coast Guard on second appointment from other government departments).
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age +_10% acceptable. Hearing: normal
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry.
- Good mental, medical and physical health, free from any disease/disability, likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties.
- No Cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knee, flat feet etc. infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose vein, corrective surgery for eye sight etc.
- Visual Standards- 6/12 (Good Eye) and 6/24 (Bad Eye).
- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
Final Medical Examination
All selected candidates who are enrolled will have to undergo Final Medical
Examination at INS Chilka prior to commencement of training. Candidates found
'unfit' during this medical examination will be discharged from
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Fitness in the Medical Examinations.
- Registration - Registration will be carried out at the venues between 0800 hrs and 11 00 hrs on 26 Mar 11 only. The tests will be conducted on 26 & 27 Mar 11.
- Eligible candidates will appear in written test which will consist of questions from mechanical trade. Results of the written test will be announced on the same day.
- Those who qualify written test will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT)- which will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 6 minutes 30 seconds, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Successful candidates will undergo interview and recruitment medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 2-3 days.
- The select list, as per merit, will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects and are medically fit. The list will be displayed on Indian Coast Guard Website.
- Appointment letter for enrolment will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates as per merit list and will depend on available vacancies. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- The candidate's selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates who are not issued with appointment letters cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligible criteria for the fresh batch.
Candidates are required to appear at the Venue with the following documents:-
- Two copies of pre-filled application as per format given below.
- Original certificate of tenth class for date of birth verification.
- Original certificate of Diploma (three years)
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, voter I card, college ID card or any other photo identity proof.
- `A’, `B’ `C’ certificate of NCC as applicable.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable) in original as per Govt of India format.
- Character certificate.
- Six recent colour passport size photographs.
Registration of candidates will be on 26th Mar 11 mentioned centers. The written Test/Interview will be conducted on 26th and 27 Mar 11.