GS Foundation Course (PT+ MAINS) for IAS EXAM - 2015
G.S. FOUNDATION COURSE (PRELIMINARY+ MAINS)
The Indian Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) every year.
The competitive examination comprises of three stages :
- Preliminary Examination – (Objective Test)
- Main Examination (Written )
- Interview Test
The examination schedule is announced during January - February.
The Preliminary held in May-June and the results are announced in July-August.
The Main examination held in October-November and the candidates those who qualify at this stage are invited to the interview in March-April next year.
IAS Prelims for UPSC Civil Services Exam (Screening Test)
The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of Objective type (multiple choice questions) and carrying a maximum of 400 marks (200 marks each) .
General Studies Paper I
- Maximum marks : 200
- Number of Questions : 100
- Time : 02 hours
1. Current events of national and international importance
2. History of India and Indian national movement
3. Indian and World Geography
4. Indian Polity and governance
5. Economic and social development
6. General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change
7. General Science
General Studies Paper II
- Maximum marks : 200
- Number of Questions : 80
- Time : 02 hours
2. Interpersonal skills which include communication skills
3. Logical reasoning & analytical ability
4. Decision making & problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy(Class X level), Data Interpretation(Class X level)
7. English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
Mains for UPSC Civil Services Exam (conventional essay type questions)
The number of candidates to be allowed in the Main Examination will be about twelve to thirteen times the total approximate number of vacancies for various Services and Posts for the year.
- Section 1 - Essay (200 Marks)
- Section 2- English Comprehension & English Précis (100 Marks)
- (The level of paper would be Matriculation/ Xth standard level)
- General Studies–I (250Marks ) (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- General Studies –II (250 Marks) (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- General Studies –III (250 Marks) (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- General Studies –IV ( 250 Marks) (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
Paper-VI & Paper-VII
- Optional Subject – Paper I (250 Marks)
- Optional Subject – Paper II (250 Marks)
Total marks (Mains) - 1800 Marks
Marks obtained by the candidates for all paper (Paper I – VII) will be counted for merit ranking. However the Commission will have the discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all papers of the examination. The number of candidates to be summoned for interview will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled.
Interview- 275 Marks (with no minimum qualifying marks)
Grand Total - 2075 Marks (1800 + 275) Marks
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination as well as interview would determine final ranking.
Candidates will be posted to various posts and services keeping in view their merit ranking in the examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various Services and Posts in the Mains examination form.
Specially Designed for Under Graduates & Freshers
You will find each and everything under the platform of iasexamportal. You don’t need to read or buy any other material except this.
And if you do this, We believe, We can guarantee your success. You give us your One Year and hard labour, we will give you the result.
OUR EXPERT will guide you and support you till your success.
Study Materials we will provide is as follows:
In First Installment you will get books for basics
(1) IAS Planner- Kalinjar Publications
(2) Becoming a Civil Servant- Abhay K. IFS (Kalinjar Publications)
(3) Gist of NCERT General Science – Kalinjar Publications
(4) Gist of India Year Book - Kalinjar Publications
(5) Indian Economic Development by I C Dhingra
(6) Frank School Atlas
OLD NCERT BOOKS : copies of old NCERT books will be provided .
History of India
- Ancient India by Ram Sharan Sharma
- Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- Modern India by Bipan Chandra
Geography of India and World
- Geography of India – 10th Std.
- Principles of Geography – 11th Std.
- Principles of Geography – 12th Std.
- India: A General Geography – 12th Std.
- Indian Resources and Regional Development-12th Std.
Indian Polity & Governance
- India: Constitution at work – 11th Std.
- Democracy in India – 12th Std.
In Second Installment you will get recommended books
1. A Brief History of Modern India- Spectrum
2. India Since Independence - BIPAN CHANDRA
3. Facets of Indian culture- Spectrum
4. International Relation -PUSHPESH PANT
5. Indian Economy By Ramesh Singh
6. Science and Technology by Ashok Singh (TMH)
7. Social Problems in India by Ram Ahuja
8. Mastering Modern World History by Norman Lowe
9. Indian and World Geography- Majid Husain (TMH)
10. Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth (TMH)
In Third Installment you will get – Study Kit for Prelims
- General Studies Preliminary Examination Topic Wise Solved Question Paper - A book by Kalinjar Publications
- Study Kit covering 100% syllabus of Paper I & II of UPSC- IAS Preliminary examination
In Fourth Installment you will get - Test Series for Prelims
- Test Series for IAS GS- Prelims (PDF)
In Fifth Installment you will get – Study Kit for Mains
- General Studies Mains Examination Topic Wise Question Analysis (1989-2013) - A book by Kalinjar Publications
- General Studies (IAS) Solved Paper 2003-2013-- A book by Kalinjar Publications
- Study Kit covering 100% syllabus of Paper I , II , III & IV of UPSC- IAS Mains examination
In Sixth Installment you will get - Test Series for Mains
- Test Series for IAS GS- Mains (PDF)
Value Added Services
- Monthly Magazine - Civil Services Mentor
- Gist of Important News Papers
- ONLINE E-LearNing ACCESS
- TELEPHONIC/EMAIL GUIDANCE WITH COURSE CO-ORDINATOR
For Any Query Related to This Programme call - +91 7827687693 (10 AM to 7 PM)