(Study Material) Manorma Year Book - Questions : Current Affairs for IAS PRE 2011
1. Air traffic in and out of large parts of Europe was shut down for a
week in 2010 due to volcanic eruption. In which country that volcanic eruption
2. David Camron was become the youngest prime minister of Britain. From
which political partyDavid Camron is related?
3. Pakistan’s army chiefwas given a three years extension in July
2010.What is the name of this army chief?
(b) Ashfaq Parvez Kayani
(c) Rahmet Ali
(d) Arshad Kayani
4. In 2010, International Court of Justice said that Kosovo did not
violate international law by declaring independence in 2008. From which country
Kosovo get independence?
5. Consider the following statements:
1. JuliaGillard has becomethe firstwomen primeminister of Australia.
2. Bronislaw Komorawski is the new President of Poland.
3. Pushpa Kamal Dahl is the new prime minister ofNepal.
The true statement is/are-
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 1, 2
(c) 1, 3
(d) 2, 3
6. The centre for the study of Developing societies (CSDS) surveyed
36Naxal affected districts listed by planning commission. Which state has no
districted listed by planning commission. Which state has no districted listed
by planning commission?
(c) Madhya Pradesh
7. What is the new name of 12 digit unique IdentificationNumber (UID)
handed over by the Prime minister to the first person in Maharashtra?
8. YukiyaAmano is the newchief of IAEA, from which country he is related?
(d) South Korea
9. Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest tower opened for the public. In
which city this tower is situated?
10. Which country is suspended from InternationalOlympic Committee (IOC).
11. In which country carbon tax is ruled unconstitutional by its
12. India is world’s biggest consumer of gold in 2010. Which country was
the biggest consume of gold in 2009?
13. Recently which country has legalizes gay marriage?
14. Which country is the largest producer of lemon in the world?
15. World’s largest open university is
16. Nobelprize for literature 2010won by Closa. Closa is which language’s
17. Who is the president of Telengana Rashtra Samiti, which is demanding
for a separate Telgana state dividing the state of Andhra Pradesh?
(a) K. Chandrababu Naidu
(b) K. Chandra Sekhar Rao
(c) Jagan Mohan Reddy
(d) P. Rosaia
18. Which commission recommends 10 percent quota for Muslims in government
jobs, educational institutions and social welfare schemes?
(a) RangnathMishra Commission
(b) Barua Commission
(c) Dinkaran Commission
(d) Tiwari Commission
19. Which one of the following is not matched correctly?
(a) Calcutta High Court – 1862
(b) Delhi High Court – 1966
(c) Gujarat High Court – 1960
(d) Uttarakhand High Court – 2008
20. Which statement is not correct?
(a) The united nations has designated 2011 the International year of chemistry.
(b) The theme of the international year of chemistry is ‘chemistry-our life, our future’.
(c) Its aim to raise awareness of chemistry among the general public.
(d) Events for the year are being coordinated by WHO.