Daily Special Current Affairs Material for IAS (Pre) 2013 National Issues - Topic: "The Private Sector’s Turn To Deliver"

Daily Special Current Affairs Material for IAS (Pre) 2013

Chapter: National Issues

Topic: The Private Sector’s Turn To Deliver

Q. What are the highlights of new Procurement Policy?

  • The Central government has finally announced a policy reserving 20 per cent of its purchases for micro and small enterprises run by entrepreneurs belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes.

  • The new procurement policy will cover 358 items to be purchased by Central ministries, departments and public sector undertakings. The 20 per cent purchase norm will become mandatory after three years.

  • The corporate sector has developed affirmative action policies on a voluntary basis and adopted a code of conduct; entrepreneurship development is one of the components of this policy. Associations of industries have recognised the role of market support for success in integrating marginalised communities in mainstream industry.

  • CII, Assocham, and FICCI, whose membership runs into thousands of companies, are way behind in accepting the market support policy in purchases from SC and ST vendors.

  • The government’s initiative on procurement, if accepted by the private sector on a wider scale, has the potential to make growth pro-poor and inclusive.

The above Contents are the part of our on going programme of Special Current Affairs Material for IAS (Pre) 2013. Which consist:
  • 4 Booklets
  • In 1250+ Pages
  • Will Cover 90 - 95% of Current Affairs and Conceptual Based Questions of IAS (pre.) 2013
  • Will Get Online Coaching Special Classes.
  • Will Get Printed 3100+ MCQs
  • Will Get 5 Comprehensive Test
  • These Materials Covered Gist of Editorial & Articles of The Hindu, News of The Hindu, Gist of Press Information Bureau Articles, Gist of India Year Book & Economic Survey, Government Plans Programme & Policies, Important Materials on Environment & Ecology
For Details Regarding Our Special Current Affairs Material for IAS (Pre.) 2013 Please Click Here

Registration open for batch 1 of Special Current Affair Classes with 15 Days free trial class. For More Details Click Here

Q. What are the limitations of new Procurement Policy?

  • The policy does have its limitations as procurement under the policy will cover only purchases made by Central ministries, departments and PSUs.
  • Public enterprises account for only 5 per cent of the total enterprises in India. The remaining 95 per cent, private enterprises, are without any such obligation.

Go Back To Main Page