CAPF-AC Sample Practice Paper-1 ( mathematics)
1 'A' completes a work in 10 days, while 'B' and 'C' complete it in 12 and 15 days respectively. In bow many days can 'A' 'B' and 'C' together complete the work?
2. The missing number in the following table is
3. The following blocks are of the same material. Which is the heaviest one?
(d) All equal
4. Kamla got married 6 yr ago. Today her age is 1 1 her age at the time of marriage. Her son's age is 10 times her present age. What is her son's age?
5. From the following Venn diagram identify the number of persons who are either good speakers or post graduates or doctors,
6. A person moves along a circular path by a distance equal to half the circumference in a given time. The ratio of his average speed to his average velocity is
7.A square is drawn inside the circle as shown in the figure above. If the area of the shaded portion is 32/7 units then the radius of the circle is
a. √2 unit
b. 2 unit
c. 3 unit
d. 4 unit
8. The following figure shows the displacement time (x—t) graph of a body in motion. The ratio of the speed in first second and that in next two seconds is
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 1 : 3
(c) 3 : 1
(d) 2 : 1
9. The below Venn diagram shows a city population which read three popular daily newspapers Hindustan Times (HT), The Times of India (TI) and Navbharat Times (NT).
If a person is randomly selected from the city population and it is found that he reads at least one of the three newspapers then the person belongs to which part of the population?
(b) a + b + c
(c) p – h
(d) P – g
10. Distribution of work hours in a factory is shown in the below given table
|Number of workers
||Number of work hours
What is the percentage of workers worked for 40 or more hours?
11. From the above graph, who out of the four persons A, B, C and D, saves the least percentage of his monthly income?
12. In the above diagram square represents boys, circle represents the tall persons, triangle represents tennis players, and rectangle represents the swimmers. Which one of the following numbers represents tall boys who are swimmers, but don't play tennis?
(d) 5 3m
13. The carpet area of a room with dimensions shown in the diagram is: Rs 12
a. 10 m²
b. 12 m²
c. 13 m²
d. 14 m²
14. If aÅb is defined as ab + ba, then consider
I. 2 Å X = 100
II. 4 Å X = 145
III. 3 Å X = 145
IV. 6 Å X = 100
For which of the above, is X smallest?
15. In a test a candidate attempted only 15 questions and secured full marks in all of them. If he obtained 60% marks in the test and all the questions in the test carried equal marks, the number of questions in the test is
16. The grandfather's age is 4 yr more than nine times the age of the grandson. The father's age of 40 yr is 2 yr less than six times the age of his son. The age of the grandfather is
(a) 77 yr
(b) 70 yr
(c) 67 yr
(d) 63 yr
17. If 4 = 102m and 9 = 102m, then 0.15 is equal to
18. In the figure given above BAG = 90°, EA = 2 and AC =6 What is the value of BE?
19. 8 oranges cost as much as 5 apples, 5 apples as much as 3 mangoes, 4 mangoes as much as 8 pineapples. If 3 pineapples cost Rs. 36, then an orange's cost is
(a) rs 9
(b) rs 12
(c) rs 6
(d) rs 15
20. The mean age of combined group of men and women is 25 years. If the mean age of group of men is 26 and that of group of women is 21, then percentage of men and women in the group respectively is
(a) 60, 40
(b) 80, 20
(c) 30, 70
(d) 50, 50
21. Which two figures out of the following four have the same area (with same units)?
(a) 1 and 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 4
(d) 1 and 4
22. Three circles are concentric as in the diagram given below. If a fourth innermost circle is drawn, what will be the number to be inscribed there?
23. The width of a rectangle is 4x which is only 25% of its length. What are the area and the perimeter of the rectangle respectively?
(a) I6x sq unit and 16x unit
(b) 20x2 sq unit and 40* unit
(c) 32x2 sq unit and 64x unit
(d) 64x2 sq unit and 40x unit
24. The following diagram shows a triangle with each of its sides produced both ways
What is the sum of degree measure of the angles numberd?
1.(b) 2.(a) 3.(c) 4.(b) 5.(a) 6.(b) 7.(b) 8.(d) 9.(c) 10.(d)
11.(c) 12.(c) 13.(c) 14.(d) 15.(b) 16.(c) 17.(d) 18.(b) 19.(a) 20. (b) 21. (d) 22. (c) 23. (d) 24. (a) 25. (a)