Paper : Solved
paper of National Defence Academy Exam held on April 4, 2004 (English
FILL IN THE BLANKS
Directions (For the following 6 items):
Each of the following Six sentences has a blank space and four
words or groups of words are given after the sentence. Out of these four
choices, select the word or group of words which you consider the most
appropriate for the blank space and mark your choice on the Answer Sheet.
1. To the dismay of all the students, the class monitor was
_____berated by the Principal at a school assembly.
2. All attempts to revive the fishing industry were_____failure.
(a) foredoomed to
(b) heading at
(c) predicted for
(d) estimated to
3. There are_____parked outside than yesterday.
(a) fewer cars
(b) few cars
(c) less cars
(d) a small number of cars
4. The minister had to_____some awkward questions from
(b) fend at
(c) fend out
(d) fend off
5. The_____of evidence was on the side of the plaintiff since
all but one of the witnesses testified that his story was correct.
6. Attention to detail is_____of a fine craftsman.
(c) seal of authority
Here For Full Paper..]