Scheme of examination
1. The examination shall be conducted according to the following Plan :
a. Written examination in the subjects as set out in para 2 below.
b. Interview for personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
2. The following will be the subjects for the written examination :
|General English||2 hrs.||100|
|Geology Paper I||3 hrs.||200|
|Geology Paper II||3 hrs.||200|
|Geology Paper III||3 hrs.||200|
3. The Examination in all the subjects will be of conventional (Essay) type.
4. All Question papers must be answered in English. The Question Papers will be set in English only.
5. The standard and syllabus of the examination will be as shown in the Schedule.
6. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write answers for them.
7. The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the examination.
8. If a candidateâ€™s handwriting is not easily legible, deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
9. Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
10. Credit will be given for orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
11. In the question papers wherever necessary, questions involving the Metric System of Weights and Measures only will be set.
12. Candidates should use only International form of Indian numerals (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc) while answering question papers.
13. Candidates are permitted to bring and use battery operated pocket calculators for answering papers in this examination. Loaning or inter-changing of calculators in the Examination Hall is not permitted.
14. Interview for Personality Test : The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his career. The object of the interview is to assess his suitability for the posts for which he has competed. Special attention will be paid in the Personality Test to assessing the candidateâ€™s capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application, integrity of character and aptitude for adapting themselves to the field life.