Mains Previous Year Paper Geology (1987)
Paper-I- Geology-1987 (Mains)
1. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Narmada - Son Lineament
(b) Plate tectonics and Continental drift
(c) Topography related to structure and nature of rocks.
(d) Criteria for recognizing faults in field.
2. Discuss the mechanism of folding in detail.
3. In the light of modem concept discuss the origin of continents and oceans.
4. Explain how radioactivity as helped in sorting out some of the geological problems.
5. Answer any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Pre-Cambrian life
(b) Lower Paleozoic Vertebrates
(c) Base of Cambrian
(d) Code of stratigraphic classification and nomenclature
6. Describe the geology of the pre-Cambrian rock of Singhbhum region in the light of recent
morph tectonic work.
7. Describe the morphology and evolutionary trends in Trilobites.
8. Discuss the applied and academic important of micros fossils in bore-hole correlation geology.
Paper-II- Geology-1987 (Mains)
1. Write notes on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) Symmetry in crystals
(b) Optical accessories
(d) Deccan basalts
2. Explain how stereographic projections are used to represent crystal symmetry.
3. Give an account of the, structural classification of silicates.
4. What are interference colors? How are they produced in minerals? Explain.
5. Write notes on any three of the following in about 200 words each:
(a) AFC diagram
(b) Hydrothermal ore deposits
(c) Water table
(d) Mineral processing
6. Write an essay on the National Mineral Policy.
7. Give an account of the classification of igneous rocks.
8. What is Prospecting ? Give a brief description of the various techniques of prospecting.