(Paper) IAS Prelims Previous Year Paper General Studies (2007)
Paper : IAS Prelims Previous Year Paper General Studies (2007)
Part - 3
61. Which one of the following is called Philosopher’s wool ?
a. Zinc Bromide
b. Zinc Nitrate
c. Zinc Oxide
d. Zinc Choloride
62. Which one of the following does not contain silver ?
a. Horn Silver
b. German Silver
c. Ruby Silver
d. Lunar Caustic
63. Which one of the following types of glass can cut off ultraviolet rays ?
a. Soda Glass
b. Pyrex Glass
c. Jena Glass
d. Crookes Glass
64. Which one of the following non metal is not a poor conductor of electricity?
65. Which one of the following is another name of RDX ?
66. Where are the headquarters of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) located?
67. Which of the following cities has been the venue of the Asean Games for the maximum number of times from the years 1951 to the year 2006 ?
68. Where is Copacabana Beach located?
a. Buenos Aires
b. Hawaiian Islands
c. Rio de Janeiro
69. Who was Leander Paes’s partner when he won Double Final in the US open Tennis Tournament?
a. Max Mirnyi
b. Martin Damm
c. Bob Bryan
d. Mike Brayan
70. Who among the following is considered as the inventor of the World Wide Web (WWW) ?
a. Edward Kasner
b. Bill Gates
c. Tim Berner Lee
d. Vinod Bham
71. Three dice (each having six faces with each face having one number from 1 to 6 are rolled. What is the number of possible outcomes such that at least one dice shows the number 2 ?
72. All six letters of the name SACHIN are arranged to form different words without repeating any letter in any one word. The words so formed are then arranged as a 8 of 15 dictionary . what will be the position of the word SACHIN in that sequence ?
73. Five balls of different colours are to be placed in the three different boxes such that any ox contains at least one ball. What is the maximum number of different ways in which this can be done?
74. Amit has five friends: 3 Girls and 2 boys . Amit’s wife is also has five friends: 3 boys and 2 girls. In How many maximum number of different ways can they invite 2 boys and two girls such that two of them are Amit’s friends and two are his wife’s?
75. (Each small circle represent a different station)
What is the maximum number of different paths that exist between station A and the station B.
76. Which one of the following Pairs is not correctly matched?
a. T S Krishnamurthy : Former Chief Election Commissioner of India
b. K C pant : Chairman , Tenth Finance Commissioner of India
c. A M Khusro : Former Chairman, Union Public Service Commission
d. R C Lahoti : Former Chief Justice of India
77. Consider the Following Statements:
1. The Mode of removal of a judge of a high court in India is same as that of removal of a judge of the Supreme Court.
2. After retirement from the office, a permanent Judge of a High Court can not plead or act in any Court or before any authority in India.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
78. Which one of the following is the correct Chronological order of the Formation of the following as full states of Indian Union?
a. Sikkim – Arunachal Pradesh – Nagaland – Haryana
b. Nagaland – Haryana – Sikkim – Arunachal Pradesh
c. Sikkim – Haryana – Nagaland- Arunachal Pradesh
d. Nagaland – Arunachal Pradesh – Sikkim – Haryana
79. Tarapur committee was associated with
which one of the following?
a. Special Economic Zone
b. Fuller capital Account convertibility
c. Foreign exchange reserves
d. Effect of oil prices on the Indian Economy
80. Who among of the following served as the chief economist of the International Monetary Fund?
a. Ashok Lahiri
b. Sumantra Ghosal
c. Saumitra Chaudhuri
d. Raghuram Rajan
81. Where are Shevarory Hills located ?
a. Andhra Pradesh
d. Tamil Nadu
82. Participatory Notes ( PNs) are associated with which one the following ?
a. consolidate fund of India
b. Foreign Institutional Investors 9 of 15
c. United Nations Development Programme
d. Kyoto protocol.
83. The Pulitzer Prize is associated with which one of the following?
a. Environmental Protection
b. Olympic Games
d. Civil Aviation
84. For which one of the following books did Kiran Desai win the Man Boker Prize 2006.
a. The Secret River
b. In the country of Men
c. The inheritance of Loss
d. Mother’s Milk
85. Where was the first conference of the Pugwash conference on Science and World Affair held in the year 1957?
a. Minnowbrrok (USA )
b. Rhode Island ( USA )
c. Nova Scotia (Canada )
d. Nagasaki ( Japan )
86. Consider the following statements:
1. The repo rate is the rate which other banks borrow from reserve Bank of India.
2. A Value of 1 for Gini Coefficient in a country implies that there is perfectly equal income for every one in its populations.
Which of the following statements given above is / are correct?
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. Both 1 or 2
d. Neither 1 or 2
87. MCA -21 is a major initiate taken up by the Government of India in which one of the following areas?
a. Foreign Direct investment in India
b. Attracting international tourism
d. Modernization of Airports
88. How is Gabriel Garcia well known as
a. Known as research in agriculture
b. A renowned football coach
c. A great writer who won the noble prize for Literature
d. Known for research in railway engineering
89. Robert Webster is known for his work associated with which one of the following?
b. Influenza Virus
90. Wangari Maathai, the noble Prize winner from Kenya is known for her contribution to which one of the following ?
b. International economics
c. Sustainable development
d. Child Development
Part - 3