(Paper) ICICI Bank Placement Paper (English Language Ability, Phrases, Reasoning)
Paper : ICICI Bank Placement Paper (English Language Ability, Phrases, Reasoning)
I. English Language Ability : A. Part I [1 x 7 = 7 Marks]
Questions 1-7 are incomplete sentences. Beneath each sentence you will see four words or phrases, marked (A), (B), (C) and (D). Choose the one word or phrase that best completes the sentence.
1. After the funeral, the residents of the apartment building __________
a. sent faithfully flowers all weeks to the cemetery.
b. sent to the cemetery each week flowers faithfully.
c. sent flowers faithfully to the cemetery each week.
d. sent each week faithfully to the cemetery flowers.
2. Because the first pair of pants did not fit properly, he asked for ________
a. another pants
b. others pants
c. the others ones
d. another pair
3. The committee has met and _________
a. they have reached a decision
b. it has formulated themselves some opinions
c. its decision was reached at
d. it has reached a decision
4. Alfred Adams has not ________
a. lived loneliness in times previous
b. never before lived sole
c. ever lived alone before
d. before lived without the company of his friends
5. John’s score on the test is the highest in the class; ___________
a. he should study last night
b. he should have studied last night
c. he must have studied last night
d. he must had to study last night
6. Henry will not be able to attend the meeting tonight because _________
a. he must to teach a class
b. he will be teaching a class
c. of he will teach a class
d. he will have teaching a class
7. Having been served lunch, __________
a. the problem was discussed by the members of the committee
b. the committee members discussed the problem
c. it was discussed by the committee members the problem
d. a discussion of the problem was made by the members of the committee
II. Phrases: Part II [1 x 7 = 7 Marks]
In question 8-14, each sentence has four underlined words or phrases. The four underlined parts of the sentence are marked (A), (B), (C), and (D). Identify the one underlined word or phrase that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct.
8. The main office of the factory can be found in Maple Street in New York City .
a. the main
b. be found
9. Because there are less members present tonight than there were last night, we must wait until the next meeting to vote.
d. to vote
10. David is particularly fond of cooking, and he often cooks really delicious meals.
b. fond of
c. often cooks
11. The progress made in space travel for the early 1960s is remarkable.
c. in space
12. Sandra has not rarely missed a play or concert since she was seventeen years old.
a. not rarely
b. a play
d. was seventeen years old
13. The governor has not decided how to deal with the new problems already.
c. how to deal with
14. There was a very interesting news on the radio this morning about the earthquake in Italy .
a. there was
c. on the