(Paper) IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2000)
Paper : IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2000)
Paper-II : SECTION A
1. Distinguish between any four’ of the following: (Each answer may be in about 150 words)
(a) Endoplasmic Reticulum and Ribosomes.
(b) First and Second Law of Inheritance as proposed by Mendel.
(c) Genes and Chromosomes.
(d) Species and Subspecies.
(e) Cytoplasmic and Nuclear Inheritance. (40)
2. What is Biochemical Genetics? Describe with suitable
3. Describe Isolating Mechanisms and their role in
4. Write notes on the following:
(b) Watson-Crick Model of DNA
(d) Eugenics (10 x 4 = 40)
5. Distinguish between any four of the following: (Each answer maybe in about 150 words):
(a) ATP and Cyclic AMP.
(b) Saturated and Unsaturated fatty acids.
(c) Nephron and Neuron.
(d) Role of Salivary Gland and Liver.
(e) Gametogenesis and Metamorphosis. (10 x 4 = 40)
6. Describe the structure of Adrenal gland and discuss its
7. Describe the different types of Placenta and their
8. Write notes on the following:
(a) Mechanism of Enzyme Action
(b) Temperature Regulation in man
(c) Role of Pituitary
(d) Types of Muscles
(e) Regeneration (8 x 5 = 40)