IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2001)
Paper-II : SECTION A
1. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer may be in about
(a) DNA and RNA.
(b) Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic cells.
(c) Dominant and Recessive characters.
(d) Metaphase I and Anaphase I.
(e) Neo-Darwinism and Neo-Lamarckism. (10 x 4 = 40)
2. Mitochondria is the “power house” of the cell. —
3. State and explain the mutation theory of evolution.
4. Write notes on the following
(a) Plasma Membrane
(b) Pedigree Analysis
(c) Zoological Nomenclature
(d) Genes (10 × 4 = 40)
5. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer may be
in about 150 words):—
(a) Vitamin A and Vitamin B.
(b) Primary, Secondary and Tertiary structure of a protein.
(c) Hormones and Pheromones.
(d) Isometric and Isotonic contraction of muscle.
(e) Mesolecithal and Megalecithal eggs. (10 x 4 = 40)
6. Give an account of the origin and propagation of nerve
impulse along a non-myelinated nerve fibre. (40)
7. Trace the early development of the heart in chick. (40)
8. Write notes on the following :—
(a) Carbon dioxide transport in mammals
(c) Organ of corti
(e) Placenta (8 × 5 = 40)