IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2004)
Paper-II : SECTION A
1. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer may be in about
150 words) :- (10 x 4 = 40)
(a) Exocytosis and endocytosis.
(b) xy and xo chromosomal basis of sex determination.
(c) Neanderthal man and Ramapithecus.
(d) Geographical and ethological isolation.
(e) Haeckel’s and Whittaker’s principles of Classification.
2. Explain the process, theories, experimental proof and
enzymes involved in DNA replication. (40)
3. Describe how the gene is regulated and expressed in
4. Write short notes on the following (10 × 4 = 40)
(a) Role of mimicry in evolution. (10)
(b) What are fossils are how does fossilization take place? (10)
(c) Illustrate with examples the causes of change ion gene frequency. (10)
(d) How continent: I driff has affected distribution of animals?
5. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer
may be in about 150 words) : (10 × 4 = 40)
(a) Enzymes and Coenzymes.
(b) Kreb’s TCA Cycle and Glycolysis.
(c) Induction and involution.
(d) Yolk-sac placenta and Chorioallantoic placenta.
(e) Osmoregulation and thermo regulation.
6. What are steroid hormones? Describe their biosynthetic
pathway and functions. (40)
7. Describe the physiology of contraction of skeletal
8. What is fate map? How is it constructed? Describe the
fate map of Chick. (40)