(Paper) IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2005)
Paper : IFS - Indian Economic Service Zoology Previous Year Paper (II) (2005)
Paper-II : SECTION A
1. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer may be in about 150 words) :- (10 x 4 = 40)
(a) Primary and Secondary lysosome
(b) Non-overlapping and Overlapping code
(c) Klinefelter’s and Turner’s syndrome.
(d) Allopatric and Sympatric speciation
(e) Genus and Species
2. Describe how the fluid mosaic model of cell membrane is
suited to its functions. (40)
3. Explain the structure and role of plasmids and cosmids in cloning. (40)
4. Write notes on the following (10 x 4 = 40)
(a) Methods of speciation
(b) Reasons for discontinuous distribution of animals
(c) Binomial nomenclature
(d) Five-kingdom system of classification of Whittaker.
5. Distinguish between any four of the following (each answer may be in about 150 words): (10 x 4 = 40)
(a) Lipids and Fatty acids
(b) Impulse conduction Within a Nerve and Between Nerves
(c) Neoteny and Neoplasia
(d) Induction and Invagination
(e) Role of hormones in Pregnancy and Parturition.
6. Describe the structure of the different types of RNA.
Add a note on their functions. (40)
7. Describe two different examples for two different
mechanisms of actions of hormones. (40)
8. Write notes on the following: (10 x 4 = 40)
(a) In vitro fertilization
(b) Role of cytoplasm in development
(c) Role of ecdysone and juvenile hormone in insect metamorphosis
(d) Influence of yolk on cleavage patterns.