: IAS Exam 2008 GS Prelims Answers set-2
1) Recently the manuscripts of which one of the following have been included in the UNESCO's Memory of World Register?
Ans:- Rig Veda
2) On which of the following rivers is the Tehri Hydropower Complex located?
3) Which one of the following straits is nearest to the International Date Line?
Ans:- Bering Strait
4) Which of the following is the largest (areawise) Lok Sabha constituency?
5) Who among the following discovered heavy water?
6) Who was the Viceroy of India when the Rowlatt Act was passed?
Ans:- Lord Chelmsford
7) From which one of the following did India buy the Barak anti-missile defence systems?
8) Which of the following hills are found where the Eastern Ghats and the Western Ghats meet?
Ans:- Nilgiri Hills
9) Which one of the following is an insectivorous plant?
Ans:- Pitcher plant
10) Starting with the Australian Open Lawn Tennis Tournament, which one of the following is the correct chronological order of the three major Lawn Tennis Tournaments?
Ans:- French Open-Wimbledon-US Open
11) In which one of the following is Malta located?
Ans:- Mediterranean Sea
12) Out of all the Biosphere Reserves in India, four have been recognized in the World Network by UNESCO. Which one of the following is not one of them?
13) What is the purpose of the US Space Agency's Themis Mission, which
was recently in the news?
Ans:- To study the colourful display of high latitude skies
14) Where was the First Session of the Indian National Congress held in December 1885?
15) Bimbavati Devi is a well-known dancer of which type of dance?