: Public Administration Preliminary
Sample Queston Paper
40. Who among the following behaviouralists, described loyalty
as a by-product of organizational and personal effective participation in
(a) Chris Argyris
(b) E.W. Bakke
(c) Kurt Lewin
41. Which of the following was not the term of
reference of 6th Pay Commission?
(a) Personnels of Department of Defence Accounts
(b) Personnels of Indian Audit and Accounts Department
(c) Reserve Bank of India
(d) Personnels of Supreme Court
42. Which of the following is not one of the
principles given by Urwick?
(a) Principle of Objective
(b) Principle of Defination
(c) Principle of Delegation
(d) Principle of Responsibility
43. Which of the following is/are correctly matched ?
1. Michel Crozier Reader in Bureaucracy
2. Martin Albrow Bureaucracy
3. Peter M. Blau Bureaucray in Modern Society
(a) Only 3
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1,2 and 3
44. Which of the following is not a function
performed by the informal organisation ?
(a) Facilitates communication
(b) Protecting personal integrity
(c) Facilitates delegation
(d) Maintaining cohesiveness
45. What are the assumptions of
"Garbage Can Model " regarding an organization
1. Unclear technology
2. Fluid participation
3. Unclear policy
4. Rationality in behaviour
(a) 2 and 4
(b) 1,2, and 3
(c) 1,3 and 4
(d) 1,2,3 and 4
46. Match the following-
A. National Institute 1. Hyderabad for Training in Industrial
B. National Institute 2. Nagpur of Rural Development
C. Central Emergency 3. Pune Relief Training Institute
D. National Institute 4. Bombay of Cooperative
Management Code :
A B C D
(a) 1 4 2 3
(b) 4 1 2 3
(c) 1 4 3 2
(d) 4 1 3 2
47. Which of the following doesnâ€™t come under the original
jurisdiction of Central Administrative Tribunal ?
(a) All India Services
(b) Central Secretariat Services
(c) Secretariat staff of Parliament
(d) Civilian employees of Defence Services
48. Zero Based Budgeting was first introduce in-
(a) Ministry of Shipping
(b) Ministry of Aviation
(c) Department of Foreign Affairs
(d) Department of Science and Technology
49. Consider the following statements â€“
1. The â€˜Right to information Act-2005 replaced the old
existing and operational Freedom of Information Act. 2002
2. Right to Information as per the new act is applicable to
local bodies only when the concerned state, by a law confers citizens such
Which of the above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
50. Who said the following:- "If the finance minister is
to be held responsible for filling the reservoir and maintaining a certain depth
of water in it he must also be in a position to regulate the outflow" ?
(a) Hoover commission
(b) Priestley Commission
(c) Haldane Committee
(d) Masterman Committee
Directions : The following 6 items consists of two statements, one
labeled as the â€˜Assertion(A)â€™ and the other as â€˜Reason(R)â€™. You are to
examine these two statements carefully and select the answers to these items
using the codes given below:-
(a) Both A and R are individually true and R is the correct
explanation of A
(b) Both A and R individually true but R is not the
correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
51. Assertion (A) : Line and staff dichotomy in India suffers
from â€˜Riggsian Formalismâ€™ as described in Prismatic Sala Model.
Reason (R) : Secretariat in India supersedes many times
authority of Directorate.
52. Assertion (A) : Public organisations must deal with far more
constraints and controls emanating from the environment than private
Reason (R) : The task environment has an unusually heavy and
distorting impact on the public organisations.
53. Assertion( A) : Development administration seeks to
debureaucratise and downsize the government.
Reason (R) : Development Administration is change oriented, thus has a tone
to promote administrative reforms
54. Assertion (A): After 1976 advisory function of CAG to
President regarding to prescription of the form in which the accounts of the
centre are kept, was removed
Reason (R) : CAG (Duties, Powers and condition of Service)
Amendment Act 1976 relieved CAG from accounting function at central level.
55. Assertion (A): Expenditure from contingency fund of India is
done by executive action .
Reason (R) : Such expenditure does not require authorization by
56. Assertion (A) : The salaries, allowances and other
conditions of service of chairman or members of National Human Rights Commission
can not be varied to their disadvantage after appointment
Reason ( R) : The salaries and service conditions of members of
this body are determined by the central government
57. Path Goal Theory is highly related to
(a) Contingency approach
(b) Behavioral approach
(c) Classical approach
(d) Transactional approach.
58. Which of the following principles of budget is clearly
mentioned in the constitution of India?
(a) One budget for all Financial transactions
(b) Estimates should be on a cash basis
(c) Form of estimates should correspond to form of accounts
(d) Budget should distinguish expenditure on revenue account
from other expenditure
59. Consider the following statements:-
1. A coercive control structure generates alienative involvement
of workers in their jobs.
2. Normative control structure generates moral involvement.
3. Utilitarian control structure generates calculative
Which of the above is/are correct ?
(a) Only 1
(b) 1 and 2
(c) 2 and 3
(d) 1,2 and 3