Rajasthan Public Service Commission
RAS Pre-Syllabus: Electrical Engineering (Code No. 13)
- Steady state analysis of d.c. and a.c. network; newtork theorems;
network functions, Laplace techniques; transient response; frequency
response; Three-phase networks; Inductively coupled circuits.
- Mathematical modelling of dynamic linear systems. Transfer functions,
block diagrams, stability of control systems.
- Electrostatic and magnetostatic field analysis; Maxwell's equations.
Wave equations and electromagnetic waves.
- Basic methods of measurement. Standards, error analysis, Indicating
instruments, cathoderay oscillosciope, Measurement of voltage; current;
power resistance, inductance, capacitance, frequency, time and flux.
- Semi-conductor devices and analysis of electronic circuits; single and
multistage audio, and radio, small signal and large signal amplifiers.
Oscillators and feedback amplifiers. Waveshaping circuits and time base
generators. Multivibrators and digital circuits. Modulation and demodulation
circuits. Transmission line at audio, radio and U.H. frequencies, Wire and
- Generation of e.m.f. and torque in rotating machine : motor and general,
characteristics of d.c., synchronous and induction machines; equivalent
circuits; commutation, starters, Power transformers, phaser diagram, losses,
regulations, and efficiency.
- Modelling of transmission lines. Power system stability, Surge phenomena
and insulation co-ordination. Protective devices and schemes for power
- Conversion of a.c. to d.c. and d.c. to a.c. controlled and uncontrolled
power, speed control techniques for drives.
Go TO RPSC Examination Syllabus Page