Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Syllabus For Screening Test For Post of College Lecturer:
The paper will contain four units as follows :
UNIT-A: Indian Philosophy (Metaphysical and Epistemological Problems) -
Metaphysical Problems :-
- Nature of Reality
- Nature of Self
- Concept of Moksha
- Theories of Causation
- Universal and Particular
- Concept of God - proofs for existence and relation with the world.
- Nature of Knowledge
- Definition and Nature of Prama.
- Definition, Natutre and Types of Pramans
- Theories of Error (Khyativada)
- Problems of Meaning.
UNIT -B : Western Philosophy (Metaphysical and Epistemological Problems
- Nature of Reality, Appearance and Reality, Monism, Dualism and Pluratism.
Being, Nothing and Becoming.
- Idealism, Realism, Neo-Realism, Nominalism, Essentialism.
- Rationalism, Empiricism, Logical Positivism.
- Existentialism, Phenomenology and Pragmatism.
- Concept of God - Defination, Nature and proofs for the existence.
- Problem of Universals and Particulars.
- Nature and definition of knowledge, belief and knowledge.
- Possibility of knowledge - Scepticism and Agnosticism.
- Theories of Truth and Error :- Self --evidence, Correspondence, Cohrence,
Pragmatic and Semantic theories.
- A priori knowledge, Analytic and synthetic, necessary and contingent,
- Theories of Meaning-Picture theory, Language-Game theory, verifiability
theory, pragmatic theory.
- Problem of memory, knowledge of other minds.
UNIT-C: Logic (Indian and Western)-
- Truth and validity, Nature of propositions, Categorical syllogism, Laws
- Classification of propositions, Square of opposition.
- Truth functions and propositional Logic, Quantification and rules of
quantification, Proving validity and invalidity.
- Set theory and Venn diagram.
- Anvikshiki, Constituents and types of Anumana in old Nyaya, Navya-Nyaya,
Buddhism and Jainism.
- Vyapti - Definition, types and formalisation, Types of Hetvabhasa.
UNIT-D: Ethics (Indian and Western) -
- Rita and Satya, Rina and Yajna, Purushartha, Dharma (Svadharma,
Varnashram Dharma),Pravritti & Nivritti.
- Doctrine of Karma, Nishkama Karma and Lokasangraha of Bhagvad-Geeta.
- Yoga and Kshema, Jnana, Bhakti and Karma Yoga. Triratnas and Panchshila,
Upay kaushal, Brahm vihar, Ashtang Yoga.
- Concept of good, Right, Justice, Duty and Obligation and Cardinal
- Nature of Moral Judgement , freedom and determinism.
- Hedonism, Utilitarianism, Naturalism, Intitionism, Kantian Moral Theory,
Emotivism, Prescriptivism, Pragmatism.
Note :- Pattern of Question Paper
- Objective type paper
- Maximum Marks : 100
- Number of Questions : 100
- Duration of Paper : Two Hours
- All questions carry equal marks.
- There will be Negative Marking.