Scheme and Syllabus of MPPSC Taxation Assistant
Paper - I : Section – A :
1. General Science and Environment Questions
on general science and Environment will cover general appreciation and
understanding of science including matters of every day observation and
experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a
special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National &
International Importance In current events knowledge of significant National and
International leveling will be tested.
3. History of India and Independent India
In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and
political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian
National Movement and Development of Independent India.
4. (1) Geography of India
There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and
economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and
Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census
(2) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy
Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system,
economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial
development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions.
6. Sports : Important games and sports
tournaments, Awards and personalities for M.P., India, Asia and World.
7. General Mental Ability : Numerical
ability, reasoning, coding, data analysis and interpretation and analogy.
8. Information and Communication Technology Questions
pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online,
search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking,
cracking, virus and cyber crime.
Section – B :
General Introduction of Madhya Pradesh
1. Geography : General Introduction of
Madhya Pradesh, area, topography and structure, physical and geographic areas
2. Natural Resources of Madhya Pradesh :
Mineral Wealth. Forest Wealth and Wild Life. Agriculture and Live stock,
Regional distribution of crops, planned development ofAgriculture, Green
Revolution, Development of Live stock. Water Resources – Development of
Irrigation and Irrigation projects.
3. Human Resources : Population, Population
Density, Urban and Rural population, Literacy and Labours.
4. Energy Resources : Questions will attempt
to assess the general awareness of condidates about the conventional and
non-conventional sources of energy and their uses in human life.
5. Industries : Attempt will be made to
assess the general awareness of candidates about the types and size of
industries and their impact on state economy.
6. Environment :" Questions will be related
to environment and its protection, pollution, natural climates and
their impact on quality of human life.
7. Planning and Evaluation : Attempt will be
to assess the general awareness of candidates about different aspect off five
year plans till date, various programmes of urban and rural development,
economic planning and its evaluation and status of Madhya Pradesh in the context
8. Administrative Structure of Madhya Pradesh
: Questions will be related to general knowledge of candidates about
administrative units – Division, District, Tehsil and Development-Blocks; their
relationship and administrative structure.
9. Rural and Urban Administrative Structure
: Questions will be pertaining to the general knowledge of candidate about
organization and administrative structure of Pachayati Raj, Municipality and
10. Games and Sports : Attempt will be made
to assess the awareness of candidates related to organization, management and
facilities for different games and sports. The questions will also be related to
different State awards, and personalities and contribution of Government and non
11. Culture, Literature, Music, Dance, Arts
and History of Madhya Pradesh
1. Culture : The questions will be related
to nature, types their salient features and impact on human life.
(1) Ancient - Kalidas, Bharthari, Bhavbhuti, Vanabhatta.
(2) Medieval - Keshav, Padmakar, Bhushan.
(3) Modern - Pandit Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Subhadra Kumari
Chauhan, Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh, Balkrishna Sharma “Navin”, Bhavani Prasad
Mishra, Harishankar Parsai, Sharad Joshi, Mulla Ramoozi, Dr. Shiv-Mangal Singh,
Suman and Nanddulare Vajpai
(4) Folk Literature / Dialects of Madhya
3. Music & Dance Tradition :
(1) Music Tradition – Tansen, Ustad
Allauddin Khan, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan, Pandit Krishna Rao, Shankar Pandit,
Rajabhaiya Poonchwale, Ustad Amir Khan, Kumar Gandharva, Maharaj Chakradhar
Singh Pandit Kartik Ram.
(2) Dance tradition - Major styles of folk
music, major folk dances.
4. Arts : Questions of general nature will
be related to characteristics of Rock painting, folk panting, modern painting
school and important painters. It will also have questions related to major folk
and other theatres.
5. Major Scheduled Tribes : It will assess
the general awareness of candidates related to names, characteristics, habitats,
major fairs and festivals and cultural structure of major scheduled tribes. It
will also have questions related to different programmes of State Government for
the upliftment of Scheduled Tribes.
6. Programmes of State Government in the
field of Culture The questions will attempt to assess general knowledge of the
candidate related to literasy academics and institutions. The questions will
also be related to different Music and Fine Arts Schools and Cultural festivals.
There will be questions awards given by the state for the significant
contribution in the filed of literature, music and fine arts.
7. Archaeological Heritage : The questions
of general knowledge will be related to significance and characteristics of
major historical, archaeological and tourist places.
8. Historical perspective of Madhya Pradesh
: The questions will be related to creation of M.P. and important dynesties and
rules of M.P., It will also have questions related to contribution of M.P. in
Paper - II : Commerce
1. Theoritical Accounting : Nature,
Objectives, Principles, Concept, Convention & limitation, Accounting Process.
2. Practical Accounting : Final Accounts
with Adjustiments, Capital and Revenue Items, depreciation Reserves – Provisions
3. Partnership Accounts : Partnership deed,
Admission, Retirement, Death and dissolution.
4. Company Accounts Issue, forfeiture and
re-issue of shares, Issue of Right and Bonus Shares, Issue and Redemption of
Debenture, Final Accounts, Analysis and Interpretation of Published Accounts.
5. Cost Accounts : Nature, objectives &
importance, Elements of cost, Cost-sheets, Tenders, Reconciliation of cost and
6. Auditing : Nature, objects and
importance; Audit Programme, Appointment of Auditor, Rights, Duties and
Liabilities of an Auditor.
Concepts – treditioanl & Modern Functions of Management : Planning, Organisation,
Staffing, Direction, co-ordination & control, decision making , Communication
8. Secretarial Practics
Appointment of company secretary, Rights, duties and liabilities of company
secretary, position of Campany Secretary Meetings- Drafting, Notice, Agenda &
9. Commercial Maths: Simultaneous Equations, Calculation of
Average, Ratio, Commission, Profit & Loss and Interest- Simple & Compound.
10. Different Dimensions of Commerce:
(1) Entrepreneurship – Nature, Functions and importance.
(2) Stock exchange – Functions and Importance.
(3) Multi national companies & their functions.
(4) Factors affecting Business Environment.
(5) Characteristics of E-commerce.
(6) Application of Computers in business.
1. Value Added Tax : General Introduction, Various Provisions &
Computation of Value Added tax.
2. Central Sales Tax : General Introduction, Various Provisions and
Computation of Central Sales Tax.
3. Entry Tax : General Introduction.