Daily Questions Challenge for IAS PRE (CSAT) Exam (2 May
Write and Discuss Your Answer with Q.No in Comment Box at the Bottom of Post.
1. A “closed economy” is an economy in which
(a) the money supply is fully controlled
(b) deficit financing takes place
(c) only exports take place
(d) neither exports nor imports take place
2. When the bark of a tree is removed in a circular fashion
all around near its base, it gradually dries up and dies because
(a) Water from soil cannot rise to aerial parts.
(b) Roots are starved of energy
(c) Tree is infected by soil microbes
(d) Roots do not receive oxygen for respiration.
3. The “New START” treatly was in the news. What is this treaty
(a) It is a bilateral strategic nuclear arms reduction
treaty between the USA and the Russian Federation.
(b) It is a multilateral energy security cooperation treaty among the memebers
of the East Asia Summit.
(c) It is a treaty between the Russian Federation and the European Union for the
energy security Cooperation.
(d) It is a multilateral cooperation treaty among the BRICS countries for the
promotion of trade.
4. Three of the following criteria have contributed to the
recognition of Western Ghats-Sri Lanka and Indo-Burma regions as hotspots of
1. Species richness
2. Vegetation density
4. Ethno-botanical importance
5. Threat perception
6. Adaptation of flora and fauna to warm and humid conditions
Which three of the above are correct criteria in this
(a) 1, 2 and 6
(b) 2, 4 and 6
(c) 1, 3 and 5
(d) 3, 4 and 6
:: CSAT (Paper -2) ::
1. Consider the following statements:
1. All machines consume energy.
2. Electricity provides energy.
3. Electrically operated machines are cheap to maintain.
4. Electrically operated mach-ines do not cause pollution.
Which one of the following inferences can be drawn from the
(a) All machines are run by electric energy.
(b) There is no form of energy other than electricity.
(c) Most machines are operated on electric energy.
(d) Electrically operated machines are preferable to use.
2. Examine the following statements:
1. None but the rich can afford air-travel.
2. Some of those who travel by air become sick. .
3. Some of those who become sick require treatment.
Which one of the following conclusions can be drawn from the
(a) All the rich persons travel by air.
(b) Those who travel by air become sick.
(c) All the rich persons become sick.
(d) All those who travel by air are rich.
the following items: Given below questions describes .a situation and is
followed by four possible responses. Indicate the response you find most
appropriate. Choose only one response for each item. The responses will be
evaluated based on the level of appropriateness for the given. situation. Please
attempt thesel the items. There no penalty, for wrong answers for these seven
3. You are involved in setting up a water supply project in
a remote area. Full recovery of cost is impossible in any case. The income
levels in the area are low and 25% of the population is below poverty line (BPL).
When a decision has to be taken on pricing you would...
(a) Recommend that the supply of water be free of charge in
(b) Recommend that the users pay a one time fixed sum for the installation of
taps and the usage of water be free.
(c) Recommend that a fixed monthly charge be levied only on the non-BPL families
and for BPL families water should be free.
(d) Recommend that the users pay a charge based on the consumption of water with
differentiated charges for non-BPL and BPL families.
4. As a citizen you have some work with a government
department. The official calls you again and again; and without directly asking
you, sends out feelers for a bribe. You want to get your work done. You would...
(a) Give a bribe.
(b) Behave as if you have not understood the feelers and persist with your
(c) Go to the higher officer for help verbally complaining about feelers.
(d) Send in a formal complaint.
Write and Discuss Your Answer
with Q.No in Comment Box at the Bottom of Post.