Weekly Mains Exam 2016 Answer Writing Challenge- Public
The main idea behind Weekly Answer Writing Challenges is to
make your exam preparation more result oriented. For this exam (UPSC Civil
Services), just ‘reading’ is not enough. The most advantageous part of this
writing exercise is to make your answer visible to everyone, someone may correct
you if they find a mistake in your answer plus it must be also supported by our
experts , you may see others answers also. It is free and definitely will
improve your writing ability and marks in your final examination. Here all
topics from syllabus will be covered.
Public Administration- Paper I "Syllabus Topic – Accountability and control
: Right to Information"
Model Answer :
The historical roots of RTI regime in India can be traced back to the efforts
of MKSS efforts in rural india treaded a long journey till finally being
realised in Oct 2005. But the recent government initiatives have been to
deliberately dilute the effectiveness of the RTI act. A transformation in the
RTI regime needs the following reforms:
- The legal provisions must be strengthened
- RTI Act must be complimented with the Whistleblowers Protection Act
- The Lokapl Bill must also be passed and institutionalised
- Timely Delivery of Services
- The CIC to be given more teeth as a Statutory Body so that the Executive
and Legislature cannot circumvent its orders.
- The IAS lobby dominates Information Commission is mostly averse to
dissemination of information.
- ARC II recommends centralisation of Information records in order to
comply with the suo moto disclosures.
- Government must use tools of Education, Information and Communication to
empower every citizen with the RTI and must use mediums like street plays,
advertisements and simulations .
- Departments have expressed lack of budgets and personnel in
- The litigation processes are long so need for Lokpal which can be
approached for Grievance redressal
Indian Administration- Paper II "Syllabus Topic – Union Government and
- Q2. Highlight the key recommendation of the
14th Finance Commission WRT implementation of GST.
Write Your Answer in Comment Box.
For Study Materials Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)