Civil Service Preparation Plan At Collage Stage
If you decide to make civil services a career at college stage, try to
Follow These Things:
- Learn your subject thoroughly.
- Read NCERT books very carefully as they are little encyclopedias and
also comprehend them carefully.
- Study India yearbook published by Publication Division, Ministry of I&B.
This will give you the base and a bird's eye view about India.
- Read one national newspaper and a magazine thoroughly.
- Watch TV news (one prime time bulletin which covers major national and
international news every day). TV channels give an overall news/views
scenario on their prime time slots.
- Listening to morning news bulletins/analysis of All India Radio is a
must. They provide invaluable background information and a balanced opinion
on major issues. Evening news bulletins of AIR give an overview of the
prominent news stories of the day.
- Follow one competitive examination magazine regularly. That will give
you the latest trends about civil services and other competitive
examinations and also give you important information in capsule form.
- Discussions on current affairs on standard TV channel should be followed
by a student to learn "how the arguments take place and how arguments are
- Discuss things/news items with your friends and family members that will
give confidence of taking a stand against any issue.
- Once you enter 3rd year of your preparation, you can go through the
question papers of the previous years of CSE. Students in the first year
also can go through these papers, but it would be difficult for a person to
understand all the questions because he/she might have not studied the
- Normally four questions from the syllabus are asked which are of PG
level if the subject is from the Arts or Science stream. So one should go
through the syllabus first, then decide about taking the questions for the
- In the first step itself, if you take the question paper and if you
don't know most of the questions, it will deject you. There is nothing to
get dejected at this stage.
- If you complete your one optional at the college level itself, it will
be easy for you to crack the Civil Services in the first attempt itself. If
you clear the exam before the age of 23 that will make you eligible to
become Secretary to Government of India/ Chief Secretary of a State - and
even go up to the rank of Cabinet Secretary.
Thanks & Regards
Ujjwal kumar Das
HOT! UPSC GS STUDY Kit Offer (1000/- Off)
Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)