(Exam Info) UPSC: Indian Economic Service & Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2011

https://iasexamportal.com/images/upsc.JPG

Union Public Service Commission

Indian Economic Service / Indian Statistical Service Examination (Overview)

Indianisation of the superior Civil Services became one of the major demands of the political movement compelling the British Indian Government to consider setting up of a Public Service Commission for recruitment to its services in the territory. The first Public Service Commission was set up on October 1st, 1926. However, its limited advisory functions failed to satisfy the people’s aspirations and the continued stress on this aspect by the leaders of our freedom movement resulted in the setting up of the Federal Public Service Commission under the Government of India Act 1935. Under this Act, for the first time, provision was also made for the formation of Public Service Commissions at the provincial level.

Tentative Schedule:

(i) Notification of Examination : June
(ii) Conduct of Examination: November

• 21-30 years on 1st January of the year of Examination
  • Certain categories of persons as specified in the notice are eligible for age relaxation.

Qualification:

Indian Economic Service:

• Post Graduate Degree from a recognised university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics.

Indian Statistical Service:

• Post Grade Degree from an Indian university in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Mathematical Statistics.

Candidates appearing in qualifying degree exams are also eligible provisionally subject to producing proof of passing along with Detailed Application Form.

Scheme of Examination:

Part-I : Candidates are required to appear in the following papers of conventional type papers.

(i) Indian Economic Service

(a)    General English 100 Marks
(b)    General Studies 100 Marks
(c)    General Economics-I 200 Marks
(d)    General Economics-II 200 Marks
(e)    General Economics-III 200 Marks
(f)      General Economics 200 Marks

(ii) Indian Statistical Service

(a)  General English 100 Marks
(b)  General Studies 100 Marks
(c)  Statistics-I 200 Marks
(d)  Statistics-II 200 Marks