I am taking UPSC exam in year 2010. please clarify some doubts?

: Hi Guys,: : I am Anu from karnataka. As soon as i finished my BBM graduation, I had applied for KPSC exams in the year 2006, due to some reasons i could not attend the exams. At the same time i got job in Reliance insurance co in Admin dept & i worked for 2 years 3 months. now due to recession i lost my job. : :  :
: I am taking UPSC exam for the year 2010. i have some doubts please clarify me.  : : 1. one optional for prelims & two optionals for mains.: : 2. can i take one common subject for both prelims & main exam?: : 3. If no then can i take public administration for prelims & the combination psychology & management in mains? (as i have done my degree in Management i am confident about that) .............Please help me. :

You have to choose 2 subjects only for the whole process out of those 2 subjects you have to choose 1 optional for prelims....In prelims 1 optional + General Study would be tested via a MCQ type Q.Paper...
This is just to test your caliber n have no bearing on the final marks or result...This test is of qualifying nature only n the marks would not be counted or weighed towards final score

In case you clear prelims then you would have to go through the process wherein your knowledge on the chosen 2 subjects is thoroughly tested via essay type questions along with English verbal n written...Essay writing...GS.

Hope that clarifies the doubt

--

Surinder

Hi! I am an Engineering student and wanted to appear for the civil service exam. Can you tell me what combination should I adopt which I can easily study.

Hi all, This is pavithra here. I have decided to take up UPSC exam in 2010. I am BE graduate from computer science department. I am confused about optionals which i have to select for prelims ans mains. As i am a working professional, i will not get much time to search for documents. So i have decided to join some training institute in bangalore, thinking that i will get more details and right documents to read. Can anyone guide me which optionals to select for which i will get enough documents to read, that are easy to understand and also scoring. I do not know the best training institute in bangalore. So please can anyone tell me where i have to join? Waiting for your reply Pavithra

Hi... See, don't seek answers from the aspirants. They may be 100% right or not. Just go through UPSC official site.

I have filled in the CSE xam form this year and also have the admit card with me......however now i think that my preparation is not good enough for appearing in exam this time around.........So if i don't attend the exam will my attempt be counted or not? I am a bit confused as some people are saying that as u hv filled in the form so your name is registered with the UPSC as an aspirant of CSE and this will be counted as your attempt regardless of you appearing for it or not...............please clarify the whole thing. thank you.