(Age Limit) Combined Geo-Scientist Examination Exam - 2021
A candidate for this examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
(a) For Geologist, Geophysicist and Chemist (Group 'A') in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2022] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January 2001.
(b) For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’, Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 32 years on 1st January, 2022 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd January 1990 and not later than 1s t January 2001.
NB: Candidates should ensure that they meet the age eligibility criteria for each post mentioned above for which they are applying.
(C) The upper age limit will be relaxable upto a maximum of 7 years in the case of Government servants, if they are employed in a Department mentioned in Column I below and apply for the corresponding post mentioned in column II.
Column I Column II
Geological Survey of India (i) Geologist Group ‘A’
(ii) Geophysicist Group ‘A’
(iii) Chemist Group ‘A’
Central Ground Water Board (i) Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’.
(ii) Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical) Group ‘A’.
(iii) Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’.
(d) The upper age limit prescribed above will be further relaxable as follows:
- Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidate belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
- Upto a maximum of five years in the case of Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January, 2022 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st January, 2022) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment.
- Upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as on 1st January, 2022 and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issue a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on 3 month's notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons. up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to
(d) including deaf-blindness.
Note I:—Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para 3(II)(d) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities will be eligible for grant of cumulative age-relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE-II-The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as ExServicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Service and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
NOTE Ill- The age concession under Para 3(II)(d)(iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
NOTE IV- Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3(II)(d)(vi) above, a person with benchmark disability will be considered eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/ posts to be allocated to the persons with benchmark disabilities by the Government.
Note V- The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in this Notice which are identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in the Notice shall apply for the Examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the Examination.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the Main Examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above.
NOTE I:- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE II:- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE III :-The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in online application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
N.B. - (i) The candidature of a person who is admitted to the Examination under the age concession mentioned in para 3(II)(c) above, shall be cancelled, if after submitting his/her application, he/she resigns from service or his/her services are terminated by his/her department/office, either before or after taking the Examination. He/she will, however, continue to be eligible if he/she is retrenched from the service or post after submitting the application.
(ii) A candidate who, after submitting his/her application to his/her department is transferred to other department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession for the post(s), for which he/she would have been eligible, but for his/her transfer, provided his/her application, duly recommended, has been forwarded by his/her parent Department.
Courtesy: Combined Geo-Scientist