Civil Service Examination, 2012
Preliminary Examination Paper- II
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problemsolving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.)
(Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data
sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Note 1 : Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class
X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper- II) will be tested through passages
English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3: It
is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services
(Prelim) Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will
be disqualified in case he/ she does not appear in both the papers of Civil
Services (Prelim) Examination.