SIKKIM PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Recruitment of 23 Sub-Inspector on temporary regular
basis "ADVERTISEMENT NO. 13"
Applications are invited from eligible local candidates for
filling up of 23 (twenty three) posts of Sub-Inspector on temporary regular
basis in PB-2 of Rs. 9300-34800 plus grade pay of Rs.3800/- , Government of
Sikkim. Out of above 23 posts of Sub-Inspector (05) five posts of SubInspector
(Civil Police) for male & female candidate (16) sixteen posts of Sub-Inspector
(Armed Police) for male candidate and (2) two posts are reserved for
Departmental candidates of Police Department under Government of Sikkim with
more than 5 yrs. of unblemished service on regular establishment with other
Education Qualification and Other Conditions
1. Minimum Educational Qualification: Degree from a recognized
2. Other Requirements:
- Should possess Sikkim Subject or Certificate of Identification issued by
District Collectorate of respective district in Sikkim.
- Should be conversant with the customs and usages of Sikkim
- Should have valid Local Employment Card.
- Should have communicative skill in English/ Hindi, Nepali and Mother
3. Age: Should have attained the age of 18 years and should not exceed
25 years as on 1st Aug.2014.
The maximum age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST/BL candidates,
4 years for OBC (Central list) candidates, 03 years for OBC (State List)
candidates. In case of Police Department candidates under Government of Sikkim
in regular establishment, the maximum age is relaxed upto 45 years as on 1st
Minimum Physical Standard:
||32”(Minimum)with minimum expansion of 02”
Mode of Examination
1st Stage: Preliminary Examination (Objective type) as a screening
2nd Stage: Physical Endurance cum Physical Efficiency Test
3rd Stage: Written Main Examination
4th Stage: Viva-Voce
Syllabus for preliminary examination
Paper I – (300 marks/ 2 ½ hrs)
1. Current Events of State, National & International importance.
2. History of India and Indian National Movement.
3. Main features of Indian Constitution.
4. Panchayati Raj (local Self Government)
5. Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty,
demographics main environmental, social, educational, health, rural & urban
developmental programmes of Central and State Government.
6. General aspect about law & order and international security.
7. General Science (class X level)
8. Mathematics (class X level)
9. English (class X level)
Note: The Preliminary Examination shall consist of one paper of 300 marks
of 2 ½ hours duration. The question will be of multiple choice/objective type.
How to Apply:
Application form can be downloaded from www.spscskm.gov.in
The form should be filled up by the candidate himself/herself and submitted in
the office of the Superintendent of Police in their respective districts along
with original Bank Receipt of State Bank of Sikkim, for Rs. 150/- credited to
Candidates should submit the copies of the following
documents at the time of scrutiny (1) Attested copies of Class X & XII Mark
sheets/Certificate containing Date of Birth. (2) Degree Mark Sheet and Degree
Certificate awarded by the University (3) Valid Local Employment Card issued by
the competent authority of the Government of Sikkim, (4) Valid Certificate of
Identification/Sikkim Subject Certificate and (5) Valid category certificate
issued by the competent authority of the Government of Sikkim (6) No Objection
Certificate from the Appointing Authority/ Head of Department in case of
employed candidate in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged
employee under Sikkim Government (7) Married/Unmarried certificate (8) Police
Departmental candidates under Govt. of Sikkim with more than 05 yrs. of
unblemished service on regular establishment should submit a certificate from
the Police Department.
- Last date for submission of filled-in application form is 20th of
September 2014. Application received after 03:00P.M. of 20/09/2014
(Saturday), shall not be accepted.
Courtesy: SIKKIM PCS