Notification : Fulltime PhD Programme 2009 with fellowship at Kolkata
Rabindranath Tagore Centre For Human Development Studies (A joint initiative of University of Calcutta and Institute of Development Studies Kolkata) announces its full-time PhD programme with fellowship 2009-10.
- Applications are invited for seven full-time PhD fellowships; two of which will be for in-service college / university teachers.
- Fellowship amount will be Rs 13,000-15,000 per month + contingencies as per rules of the Institute.
- Full pay protection will, however, be given to in-service teachers.
- Tenure of the fellowship will be for three years on the basis of annual appraisal.
- Fellowship awardee is expected to research on any of the following themes related to human development: Economic and Social Aspects of Education; Health and Nutrition; Employment; Finance; Partition & Migration; Sociology of Class Formation; Decentralisation and Development Communication.
NET / SLET / M Phil qualified and or having exceptionally brilliant academic record at UG/PG level in any of the disciplines of Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, English Literature and Development Studies. Those who are awaiting NET/SLET results may also apply.
How to apply:
Each application should accompany the bio-data with a write-up of about 500 words on the proposed research theme.
Applications should reach the following address on or before July 31, 2009:
Professor Amiya Kumar Bagchi,
Director, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata,
Calcutta University Alipore Campus,
1 Reformatory Street,
Kolkata 700 027
Advertisement for Full-time Ph.D Programme with Fellowship 2009-10 (PDF)