Combined Defence Services
CDS Elementary Mathematics Solved Exam Paper (II) : 2006
1.What is the value of n of a regular polygon of n sides for which its side is equal to the radius of the circumscribed circle?
2. If the angles of triangle are in the ratio 5:3:10, what is the difference between the largest angle and the smallest angle?
3. The sides of a triangle are 20 cm, 16 cm and 13 cm respect iv el y. Whi ch one of the following is correct?
(a) The triangle is obtuse angled
(b) The traingle is right angled
(c) The triangle is acute engled
(d) Cannot be determined
4. If one of the interior angles of a regular polygon is equal to 7/ 6 times one of the interior angles of a regular hexagon, then what is the number of sides of the polygon?
5. Some money is divided among Rajesh, Sonal and Chetan in such a way that 2 times shares of Rajesh, 3 times share of Sonal and 5 times share of Chetan are all equal. What is the ratio between the shares of Rajesh, Sonal and Chetan?
(a) 10 : 6 : 15
(b) 15 : 10 : 6
(c) 6 : 10 : 15
(d) 15 : 6 : 10
6. A piont A is 6.5 cm form the centre of a circle. The length of the tangent drawn from A to the circle is 6 cm. What is the radius of the circle?
(a) 5 cm
(b) 4 cm
(c) 3.5 cm
(d) 2.5 cm
7. If the radius of the base of a right circular cylinder is halved, keeping the height same, what is the ratio of the volume of the reduced cylinder to that of the original one?
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 1 : 3
(c) 1 : 4
(d) 2 : 5
8.What is the time needed to empty a cuboidal water reservoir 10 m long. 9 m wide and 3 deep at the ratio of 45 L/ m?
(a) 100 h
(b) 90 h
(c) 80 h
(d) 60 h
9. A cubical tank of each edge of length 6 m contains 72 m3 water in which a cube of edge 3 m is dropped which gets fully submerged. What is the height of water level that is raised in the tank?
(a) 2/ 3 m
(b) 3/ 4 m
(c) 1 m
(d) 5/ 4 m
10. A cross is formed by adjoining faces of 5 unit cubes. What is the total surface area of exposed surfaces?
(a) 18 unit
(b) 20 unit
(c) 22 unit
(d) 26 unit