Sample Material of Our Online Coaching Programme
(MCQ) India & World Geography: Lithosphere
1. Which one of the following reflects back more sunlight as compared to
(a) Sand desert
(b) Paddy crop land
(c) Land covered with fresh snow
(d) Prairie land
2. Consider the following statements:
1. In the world, the tropical deserts occur along the western margins of
continents within the trade wind belt.
2. In India, the East Himalayan region gets high rainfall from north-east winds.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
3. Consider the following geological phenomena:
1. Development of a fault
2. Movement along a fault
3. Impact produced by a volcanic eruption
4. Folding of rocks
Which of the above cause earthquakes?
(a) 1, 2 and 3
(b) 2 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4
(d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
4. Among the following which planet takes maximum time for one revolution
around the Sun?