Sample Material of Our Online Coaching Programme
(MCQ) India & World Geography: States and Union Territories
1. Consider the following pairs : Region Well known for the production of
1. Kinnaur : Area nut
2. Mewat : Mango
3. Coromandel : Soya bean
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched ?
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 3
2. In India, which one of the following states has the largest inland saline
(c) Madhya Pradesh
3. Tamil Nadu is a leading producer of millmade cotton yarn in the country.
What could be the reason?
1. Black cotton soil is the predominant type of soil in the State.
2. Rich pool of skilled labour is available.
Which of the above is are the correct reasons?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
4. A state in India has the following characteristics:
1. Its northern part is arid and semi-arid.
2. Its central part produces cotton.
3. Cultivation of cash crops is predominant over food crops.
Which one of the following states has all of the above characteristics?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu