Union Public Service Commission
SYLLABI FOR THE EXAMINATION
The Examination shall
comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of
India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development - Sustainable Development, Poverty,
Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate
Change - that do not require subject specialisation
- General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-Making and Problemsolving
- General Mental Ability
- Basic Numeracy (Numbers and Their Relations, Orders of Magnitude, etc.)
(Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data
sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Note 1 : Questions relating to English
Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of
Paper- II) will be tested through passages from English language only
without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
Note 2 : The questions will be of multiple
choice, objective type.