(The Gist of Science Reporter) MCQs on CHEMISTRY NOBEL
MCQs on CHEMISTRY NOBEL
1. How many individuals have been awarded Chemistry Nobel as of 2018?
2. How many women have been awarded Chemistry Nobel till now?
3. The first Nobel Prize in Chemistry was awarded in 1901 to a Dutch Chemist for his discovery of the laws of chemical dynamics and osmotic pressure in solutions. Name the scientist.
Peter D. Mitchell
John Warcup Cornforth
Jacobus Henricus Van’t Hoff
4. She was the first woman to get Chemistry Nobel for the discovery of the elements radium and polonium, by the isolation of radium. She was the only laureate who got the Nobel Prize in Physics (1903) & Chemistry (1911).
5. British biochemist who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry twice i.e. in 1958 & 1980.
William S. Knowles
Alan G. MacDiarmid
6. Name the German scientist(s) whose Government did not allow them to accept the Nobel Prize.
Both (a) & (b)
None of these
7. In which field of Chemistry most of the laureates (at least 25) have received the Nobel Prize?
8. Which French scientist was awarded the Chemistry Nobel jointly with her husband for their discovery of artificial radioactivity?
9. British chemist who developed protein crystallography and for which she was awarded
Nobel in 1964.
Robert F. Curl Jr.
Dorothy Mary Hodgkin
F. Sherwood Rowland
Mario J. Molina
10. Israeli crystallographer who is best known for her pioneering work on the structure of the ribosome. She was the first Israeli woman to win the Nobel.
Maria Goeppert Mayer
None of the above
11. In 2018, which American chemical engineer was awarded the Chemistry Nobel for pioneering the use of directed evolution to engineer enzymes?
Frances Hamilton Arnold
Kary B. Mullis
Rudolph A. Marcus
Richard R. Ernst
12. Which Indian-born structural biologist shared 2009 Chemistry Nobel with Thomas Steitz and Ada Yonath? He was elected as the president of the Royal Society in 2015.
None of these
13. Swedish physicist and chemist who was considered as one of the founders of physical chemistry and best known for Acid-base theory won the Nobel in 1903.
Elias James Corey
14. Name the New Zealand physicist who is known as the father of nuclear physics, was awarded the Chemistry Nobel in 1908 for his investigations into the disintegration of the elements, and the chemistry of radioactive substances.
Charles J. Pedersen
Donald J. Cram
Yuan T. Lee
15. Swiss Chemist and first inorganic chemist who won the 1913 Nobel for proposing the octahedral configuration of transition metal complexes.
George A. Olah
John C. Polanyi
George de Hevesy
16. Which German chemist and radiochemistry pioneer discovered nuclear fission for which he was awarded the Nobel in 1944? He is regarded as the father of nuclear chemistry.
<<Go Back To Main Page
Courtesy: Science Reporter