Tips for UPSC MAINS Exam by Rajanvir Singh Kapur (IAS)
Dearest friends writing the MAINS in Dec, 2013;
This is the most crucial phase if your preparation. All that you have done so
far becomes immaterial now. What matters most now is the way you revise, & live
the next few weeks. Some reminders from your brother:
1) Do not panic at all. You are very close to your destination.
2) Do not start any new book/ material now. This is time to consolidate what
is already read.
3) Revise & revise. Anything not revised is as good as not studied only. Just
4) Please do not let any extreme emotions enter your system. Be happy & calm.
5) If it helps you, pray for 10 minutes each day. You will feel stronger.
6) Please do not, do not talk to any toxic people at this stage. Any
negativity can bog you down.
7) Although 4 weeks left, it is good if you buy your stationery now only. Do
not buy pens one day before your exams.
If you feel you are forgetting it all, do not worry. God will do everything.
Just revise & revise.
9) Please keep yourself active in daytime as your exam is in day. You should
not feel sleepy in exams.
10) Make sure your admit cards etc are in place.
11) If possible, send someone yo check your Mains exam center. You should not
be lost on the way of the exam day.
12) As this time, Mains is in December, make sure you dress warmly &
13) If you feel low, please talk to your Mom. Mothers are the best to elevate
your mood, exceptions do exist!
14) If your room is dirty, please spend 2-3 hours to clean it now, today! The
positive energy you get for next 4 weeks will be worth the effort. Trust me!
15) Follow your gut now, leave anything you feel is less important & focus on
more important issues. Your mind will guide you.
16) Try to finish everything by 25 November. Last 1 week should be for
cursory revision, glancing through material.
17) Please take care of your health. One mosquito bite can disable from
writing the exam. Watch what you eat, eat well n healthy, lots of water, some
yoga, at least 10 minutes walk, cleanliness & be careful. You will perform
better if you are healthy.
I request those, not writing the Mains, to not to do so now. All the best
friends! May God bless you.
RAJANVIR SINGH KAPUR
Courtesy: UPSCPORTAL Facebook Groups